What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi all,
    I've been a typical stereotypical male, leaving the cooking to my other half.
    That started to change when I decided to change my life for the better 11 days ago, I decided to take back control of my body, it's been going on the wrong direction for several years and I added another 10lb since the last time I was on here 6 years ago!
    So out went the old, in with the new thinking and after the first 4 days of doing Insanity, I was insane enough to try the cooking lark, a simple chicken stir-fry and it was a success, even my wife enjoyed it, although she picked most of the veg out of it, so I've had to adapt and unfortunately there's less colour nowadays, no bean sprouts, red and green peppers or broccoli, because someone doesn't like that!
    So it's a rather bland mess, but made by my own hand and considering I was one of a few people that could easily burn beans on toast!
  • DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I make the Asian sauce now with a bit of a kick, to give the food a nice tingle on the tongue.
    My 3rd Chicken noodle and rice stir-fry, hot on the tongue but bland to look at!
    b78mjt4kx8jy.png
    Sorry about the 2nd post, seems I can't add a biggee post!
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    N'oats breakfast bowl at the office with a scoop of ON Whey protein.
    yntk0ddqohet.jpg

N'oats breakfast bowl, what exactly is in that? I get the blueberries/bananas but whatelse? Looks awesome. Thanks!!
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    N'oats breakfast bowl at the office with a scoop of ON Whey protein.

N'oats breakfast bowl, what exactly is in that? I get the blueberries/bananas but whatelse? Looks awesome. Thanks!!

Its like oatmeal, just no oats haha :) in this one....

¼ cup walnut pieces
    1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
    1 tablespoon coconut flour
    1 cup cashew milk
    1 teaspoon chia seeds
    Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
    1 tablespoon raisins
    scoop of ON Whey rocky road

Add the flaxseed meal, nuts and coconut flour to a medium saucepan and toast for few minutes.
    Next, add the milk, chia seeds and spices and cook for 5 more minutes stirring so that nothing burns.
    Turn off heat, stir in raisins and protein powder and eat :)

I usually place all of this into the container and heat it up in the microwave at work, and then stir in the protein powder.

Sounds wonderful, could I substitute the flaxseed meal and coconut flour with oats? Btw, I made your cheesecake and put 12 crushed oreos instead of the blueberries and it turned out great. Using blueberries in the next one. Thanks!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My meal for today was Venison steak,onions, mayo/ketchup sauce and cheddar biscuits.
    pl6y4q3j8gop.jpg
  • lyssasm
    lyssasm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This was from a few days ago, but I made spinach artichoke stuffed chicken with roasted mini red potatoes and broccoli. The chicken itself is only a little under 600 calories! It's so so so good, and easier to make than you thing. 130dxb3sdawn.jpg
  • judoka03
    judoka03 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    fs1ywo7a1edl.jpg
    Parmesan crusted salmon with arugula salad and a balsamic dressing
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    LC Taco Wrap with Sour Cream
    htbnynwv02c2.jpg
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options

(I ate like 6 of those hahahah)

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    ^^^ @giasbash6260 YUMMAH!!!! All looks too good...jealous!
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    @crazyravr - regarding: "....Cause that day the collard greens just looked sooooo good in the garden ;) actually all the veggies you see are from my backyard garden....".

Don't you live in Ontario? Garden in January??? Global warming really must be happening....lol!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    ^^^ @giasbash6260 YUMMAH!!!! All looks too good...jealous!
    Double that! All that delicious tuna <3

My dinner last night was a basmati rice bowl with kidney beans, broc, cilantro and mango habanero salsa!
    3gy477rx3aip.jpg
  • vegmebuff
    edited January 2017
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    @crazyravr - regarding: "....Cause that day the collard greens just looked sooooo good in the garden ;) actually all the veggies you see are from my backyard garden....".

Don't you live in Ontario? Garden in January??? Global warming really must be happening....lol!

These pics are from the summer :) Lets just say I got a little behind in posting when life got in a way for a bit ;)

makes sense to me now! I always wondered where you lived with all those 'summery'/grilled dishes you make! LOL!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    n9ugw8o5hrko.jpg

Not something that I make often but I should do!!!
  • laurawaller420
    laurawaller420 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jsbd9n2gj4bn.jpg

This was so yummy!!
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rq9x5pf3owqs.jpg
    Bfast this morning! Spring mix, Boca breakfast scramble patty, eggs, bacon, kimchi, and guac.

e8zig4d83jtx.jpg
    Orange Chicken for dinner last night with brown rice and peppers. Tonight is going to look very similar but Teriyaki instead :)

• olyamhc
    olyamhc Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    itjwrikda4r1.png

Spaghetti squash with soy chorizo, peas, tomatoes, onions, garlic. And on the right is fried green zucchini.
  • ashgladue
    ashgladue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    fzzsicfsyxbs.jpg
    Copycat Chickfila tortilla soup!
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    0XT6YXt.jpg
    Not the prettiest looking setup but dried strawberry chips reconstituted in milk.