question for those who workout first thing in the morning...?

Options
1235»

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I usually run first thing in the morning. I don't eat unless it's a long run day, which means I have a bit more time on my hands, then I'll have a coffee and a piece of toast and peanut butter or a muesli bar at least 45-60 mins before I go.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    I'm up at 4:15. Shake at 4:20. In the pool swimming 4 miles at 5:05.

wow that's hardcore swim - how long does that take you? B) i'd still be in the pool gone 7!
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a triathlete doing twice a day training session. The first is at 4.00, usually running or cycling (because the pool is closed!), my alarm goes off at 3.45.
    I don't eat before training except for a couple of supplements but we're talking just a couple pills. Some time ago I used to have a little jam but I ditched it, at some point training picked intensity up to a point my stomach would be at war with me so ok...it won. No reason to fight with your stomach because it is going to win anyway!
    About 30mins-one hour after finishing training, time needed to make peace with my stomach, I have breakfast. That is egg whites or fish, a bowl of mixed veggies preferably raw and including some legumes too and some oat bran.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    One coffee before morning gym, weights and cardio for 1 hour. I never eat prior but drink SporTea during workout.