Eating late at night

Options
13»

Replies

• EMT_74
    EMT_74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i've worked swing shift now for 13 years, so i don't have a "set schedule"... but midnights are my worst! i want to snack, snack, snack!! This is my first set of midnights that i've worked since attempting to change my eating habits, so i've brought fresh strawberries and unsweet tea with me. Anyone that knows me would say that is a huge change for me!!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Bump! So true! I ALWAYS have a midnight snack and am losing weight
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good to know! I was feeling a little guilty about having my dessert about an hour ago, but I'm still technically under my calorie deficit. I usually stay up til around 12-1am anyway.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner at midnight since I work 2nd shift, and I've not seen any impact on my weight loss.
  • rocket_scientist
    Options
    I love having a snack at night, eating at night was always my downfall but that was because of what I was eating.
    I usually have a snack every night not long before bed and have had good weight losses every week.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have a suspicion the "don't eat late at night" rule was for busy people who after being on their feet running around all day not getting much chance to eat, then are forbidden to eat late at night.

Because whatever people say about "starvation mode" if you don't eat you will lose weight :P
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great to know! Sometimes I end my workouts at 930-10pm due to work, and I also try to fight to urge to eat since I can't afford to stay up to till 1am due to the "no eating 3 hrs before sleep" rule. Glad that myths been dispelled.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of late night eaters!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    bump :tongue:
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    i dont have my evening meal unti 8-9pm due to going to the gym after work. and i love the full feeling before bed helps me sleep....i tried the whole dont eat after 6pm and omg i was STARVING before bed and woke up wanting to eat anything in site also i found myself snapping at my other half lol
  • Asereth333
    Asereth333 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There have been a few recent studies that show that eating late, even if you're eating the same calories, has a definite negative physiological effect.
    http://drpinna.com/eating-late-may-make-you-fat-20078

A small scale study was also done in Japan using men.
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    BRAVO
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    There have been a few recent studies that show that eating late, even if you're eating the same calories, has a definite negative physiological effect.
    http://drpinna.com/eating-late-may-make-you-fat-20078

A small scale study was also done in Japan using men.

That article is the biggest load of crap I've read in a while.

It does NOT matter when you eat.