Food ideas, please...

Options
vmrjj
vmrjj Posts: 25 Member
Hello everyone, I've got to the -10 lb mark and I find myself eating off plan which has kept me at gaining and losing the same 1-2 lbs. Can you all share what you eat for lunch and dinner? Also snack options? I think I'm getting a little bored. Just looking for some new ideas to revamp my taste buds lol

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Tonight for dinner I had a home made beef burger, with cheese, egg, tomato, lettuce, sauce. Plus potato chips and chobani dip. Delish.

Then dessert was Yoghurt mixed with cacao/stevia, with berries... Frozen. Topped with nuts and chocolate cereal.

Lunch was a massive salad - cos, sprouts, Beetroot, carrot, capsicum, celery, cucumber, tomato, roast sweet potato, chicken, avocado, Parmesan.

Not sure how you eat "off plan" when you make the plan. There are no rules, besides staying under your calorie goal..
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    If we are human, we all have our ups and downs. As you said, you are probably just bored. Maybe try some new herbs to change, and spice things up. That always works for me.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've been making a meal from Skinnytaste over the weekend and portioning it out for lunches during the week...these have been a few good ones:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/summer-vegetables-with-sausage-and/
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/one-pot-cheesy-turkey-taco-chili-mac/

Dinner is typically an easy combo of some sort: fish & rice, veggie burgers & broccoli...something easy and quick to throw together.
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What is your plan?

I had eggs, a potato, skillet fried in one serving of butter and topped with some cheddar cheese. Fits my plan, and has good protein in it, but does it fit yours?
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You could just take 3/4 of the meals out there, top them with cheese and bam! whole new ballgame.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    For lunches this week I have been having a bowl of my homemade Stilton and broccoli soup. I had ravioli and veggies for dinner last night and a huge jacket potato with tuna, mayo, sweetcorn and cheese for dinner tonight. Tomorrow it might be chicken and veggie stir fry with rice noodles.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Check out the recipes forum, or one of the many "What did you eat today" threads. Lots of good ideas in there.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I had Oreos and popcorn for dinner. It was on plan because it was within my calorie limits.

Eat what you'd like...just eat it in appropriate amounts for your goals. Some days when I want a nice treat, I budget for it and eat lower calorie/higher volume the rest of the day to accommodate.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I cook something different for dinner just about every night. But I am lucky in that I enjoy cooking a nice meal for my husband and myself. Sometimes we don't eat until 9PM or later because it takes a while to make dinner on a tight schedule, but to me it is worth it. I get recipes (or at least ideas for meals) from a few choice websites. Two of my favorites are skinnytaste.com and budgetbytes.com. My diary is open if you are looking for ideas.

• JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    When I was in a weight loss phase, my calorie target for breakfast and lunch combined was about 800 calories. 5 days a week breakfast would be a combination of cereals, my own homemade milk (like almond milk or coconut milk) topped with berries or fruit. That easily kept me going until lunch where I usually ate one of my own concoctions. I got into canning a long time ago, and a 500 ml jar of any of my soups/stews would contain 200-350 calories and I would supplement that with various fruits to get to 400. I canned many, many things like Chili, Black Bean Soup, Thai Curry Seafood Soup, Split Pea with Lamb, Split Pea with Salmon and Dill etc. I am in the service business so I'd usually stop between calls and eat out of a Thermos. Canning is a bit of work, but in the time it takes to cook up a decent size meal plus about 10 minutes for the canning, I can easily prepare 12-16 500 ml jars which is lunch for half a month. So convenient, I know what's in them, and they taste so much better than anything you buy ready made.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I got into canning a long time ago, and a 500 ml jar of any of my soups/stews would contain 200-350 calories and I would supplement that with various fruits to get to 400. I canned many, many things like Chili, Black Bean Soup, Thai Curry Seafood Soup, Split Pea with Lamb, Split Pea with Salmon and Dill etc.

Yes, please! Mmm, that all sounds so good.

OP - Idk if it's really any particular meal ideas you need, just mixing things up, like you said. Do you like to cook? What's your food prep style? Congrats on the 10 lbs btw!
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My favorite dinner idea is roasted salmon, roasted sweet potato slices and spinach. I eat the salmon and spinach first and then I eat the sweet potatoes sprinkled with erythritol - like dessert ;)
  • Gkblje111
    Gkblje111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    When I read comments from people who seem to have their acts together, I check to see if their diaries are open.

I may or may not have my act together, but my diary is open anyway. :)

Protein is high satiety, which means it keeps you full and satisfied longer than carbs and fats. Protein shakes are good with pb2 (powder peanut butter ) it gives you the full peanut butter flavor with 85% less calories. I recommend the Combat cookies and Cream protwin from Costco. It's hard to beat the flavor and price. I also recommend Costco organic apple packs. They are great with pb2 sprinkled on them. Their mini carrots are great with their hummus or guacamole packs. If you are starting to see a pattern here...I LOVE CoStco! I have lost 30 lbs since November 15th from shopping there and for ALL of my snack and counting calories on this app
  • Gkblje111
    Gkblje111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please excuse my spelling. I am all thumbs
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I mostly use my slow cooker for Indian recipes (beans, chicken), but I started getting bored and I got a new book, "The New Slow Cooker" by Williams Sonoma. It helps me eat more protein, and they include garnish ideas. Example: this week I made Asian beef short ribs with this daikon-carrot slaw.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    The new Chobani yogurt Flips are great. Cinnabun flavor, pistachio and cookies, Smores. Beef jerky is good for protein. I try to get my proteins and fats in the morning so I can save my carbs for later on workout days. Simple recipe for Cod-Stewed Italian tomatoes, capers and onions. A meal prep company called Icon Meals makes protein popcorn and it is amazing for snacking.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I like to make a big pot of veggie stew on Sunday afternoons for lunch through the week. I pick an international theme, so one week, I have curry, one week pasta fagiole, one week Cajun gumbo, etc. The veggies vary, as does the protein, but I end up with a big bowl filling, warming yumminess for around 300 calories per bowl. I'll eat it for a few day, then freeze portions to get out when I want something different.
  • vmrjj
    vmrjj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone. When I said my food plan, I meant that I stay at 1200 calories daily. Great shares, I really appreciate it!