High fats low carb - not losing weight

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Back on track for the OP - were you previously losing weight and that has suddenly stalled in the last couple of weeks? You mentioned wanting to lose another 14 lbs, that indicates that you have recently lost weight. You said you are accurately tracking calories, weighing all your solid foods, and logging consistently? You also said that you were eating this way anyway, now you are just starting to log it. Were you not logging before? Did you change your exercise recently?

Even aside from the answers you might provide to those questions - two weeks isn't very long and weight loss isn't a steady linear downward trend. There are a lot of factors which can cause things to stall for a period of time, hormonal changes, stress, where you are in your cycle, etc. I would probably keep doing what you're doing and give it a few more weeks, if you still don't see any changes (up or down) then take a closer look at your calories and your logging.

• RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is what makes eating and fitness frustrating. There are so many views, studies and varied results that focusing on any one diet is always in question. The most basic formula of calorie deficit = weight loss can't even be agreed upon...
  • jajohnso77
    jajohnso77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    *Not trying to hijack, just answering a question*
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    How about would you store net fat -- put on fat beyond what you currently have?

Yes. I believe that if I were to change my macro split to a LFHC (200-300g carbs per day) type ratio and not change anything else I'm doing, my weight loss would effectively stop and I would, at a minimum, stay where I am if not gain weight. I could be eating extremely healthy and yet slowly, over time still getting fat and getting very frustrated. I'm not talking about changing exercise routines or anything else - just by simply changing that macro split that's what would happen to me. But hey, that's just me and how I process different types of foods. And I'm not saying that calorie deficits aren't helpful in LCHF diets, I'm just saying that they aren't required to lose weight. There's more than one way to activate the body to burn its stored fat and depending on the person, deficits aren't always required to do that.

Just curious, is there general agreement that the bio-chemical effects of ingested carbs is the primary reason and cause of the creation of excess accumulation of fat (formation of triglycerides, etc) in fat cells?
  • jajohnso77
    jajohnso77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Interesting ideas - thanks everyone!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses, I am logging everything "accurately" I.e weighing and measuring but sometimes I eat 1400 sometimes 1500, so on average I'd say 1500. I'll keep going and try to find more time to exercise. Thanks everyone

do you use correct MFP db entires?
    do you use a food scale?
    do you log everything that you eat?