Popcorn

Options
Is it bad to eat a bag of 100 calorie popcorn for snack at night? I am always under my calories intake.

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    As long as you have enough calories at the end of your day go for it. I love popcorn.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lots of fiber - and yum!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn! I eat a LOT of popcorn, especially when I have calories to spare at night.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason your afraid to? Popcorn is fine unless there's a medical reason. I recall an uncle who was diabetic, one of the few snacks he was able to enjoy.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Pop popcorn! Usually have 2 cups of it for a snack after dinner.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Lots of fiber - and yum!

Never thought about this. I need fiber. Bought some little bags last shopping trip. May have one tonight.

Thanks
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Not at all.. could even eat more to reach your calorie goal :)
  • sunnycamper
    sunnycamper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love to Air pop it and dress it with olive oil and garlic salt. No saturated fat, and in my book, it counts as a "whole, intact" grain
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love popping it on the stove, but it's more oil than necessary so I got one of these:

ni46dgnfu8f5.jpg

Spray it with a bit of olive oil and add some salt.

I even got some local kernels at the farmer's market -- impulse buy! -- so it's local popcorn, heh.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my go-to snack. It's better than potato chips and I still get that crunch that I need.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad?

This.

There are no good or bad foods for weight loss, just bad food habits. You can eat what you fancy, but it is a good idea to pay attention to nutrition of course. Stay at or slightly below your calories and you're fine.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad?

This.

There are no good or bad foods for weight loss, just bad food habits. You can eat what you fancy, but it is a good idea to pay attention to nutrition of course. Stay at or slightly below your calories and you're fine.

Yup. In fact, I'd say that for me, popcorn is great for weight loss because one batch keeps me full for HOURS.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is the best, we always pop it in olive oil and add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper because we like spicy foods :) but when we are busy or lazy we eat microwave popcorn too.
  • Zarka_91
    Zarka_91 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love Popcorn, its a great snack. especially skinny popcorn. i have one bag and it only has 50 calories and has great flavours.. to be honest it depends what kind of popcorn you having, obviously the tofee caramel flavour would be high calories and high in sugar
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all. Love popcorn. :)
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Popcorn is great. Microwave in the bag popcorn keeps showing up as being bad for you as a cancer concern. I don't eat microwave popcorn so I haven't looked into those claims.

This is an example of what's out there: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424792-the-cancer-risk-of-microwave-popcorn/
    http://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/nutrition/microwave-popcorn-threat/
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Popcorn every night! Along with a little "zero" calorie spray butter and your choice of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Kernel-Seasons-COMPLETE-SEASONING-Variety/dp/B00OAGCKVW?th=1

My fav is the Bacon Cheddar!