No weight lose with Calorie counting

Options
2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    At your weight and activity, you could be eating more than 2,000 calories and still lose 2 pounds per week. The fact that you aren't losing is an indication that you are recording fewer calories than what you are actually consuming. Your portion sizes are off, or you are reading the labels wrong or something.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I'm using a food scale to way out portions. I would like to lose +-5 to 10 pounds per week, but I only lost 2.2 pounds for 3 weeks.

The problem is not necessarily the calorie counting - it's your ridiculously unrealistic expectations.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    IF you weigh 330 pounds and are eating 1200 calories a day..you will drop weight like crazy in the first few months..especially if you're exercising as well.

Something does not equate. You should drop perhaps 20 pounds in the first 30 days IF you are doing as you say and weigh what you say.

As I said, something does not add up..?
  • Bechler77
    Bechler77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you have any health issues? Thyroid imbalances can really mess with your metabolism. Maybe it's time to see your doctor and have a simple test done to check your thyroid hormone levels. If everything you are saying is true, then you should be losing a fair amount of weight. However, you still lost some and that's great. Don't get discouraged, you can do this.