Has anyone tried the eat water slim pasta/spaghetti /rice?

Options
It's made from konjac glucocanman ( sorry if that's wrong spelling) and is meant to be high fibre good at regulating glucose levels and is very low in cals/carbs etc! I've only tried the slimfast noodle pots and seem ok just wondered if anyone has tried the eat water slim ones? What do they taste like? Many thanks

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been buying them for over 15 years at my Asian grocery store. The most important part is after rinsing and patting dry, dry fry as much as possible. If you skip this, the texture is like rubber bands.
    I also pretty much only use them as a sub for ramen or rice noodles - noodle bowls, stir fry, etc and no more than 50:50 (typically 25:75) with veggies or meat, not as a main component. I don't care for them in Italian dishes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I find they're ok if you rinse them really well and use a more flavorful sauce. Otherwise they tend to taste funky.
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Konjac,shirataki -neutral taste
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey - thank you for the replies - I think the eat water ones are like microwave rice / noodles aren't they? So I don't think u wash and dry them - has anyone tried the pasta or rice versions? X
  • lauraemily84
    Options
    Or any ideas for substituting for pasta an rice? I eat a fair bit of both but there pretty high in cals
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    they now have rice made from califlower. it is in the frozen foods, green giant and bird's eye. cook in bag. tastes great 25 calories a serving, 85 grams. carbs 4 grams no fat. i actually really like it! check it out. i found it at walmart.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I rice and noodle vegetables http://inspiralized.com/spiralizer-recipes
  • lauraemily84
    Options
    Thank you ladies il give them a try too x
  • Jade_dancer
    Jade_dancer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Had the slim rice last night and was lovely xxxxx
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I tried them one. My face for bright red and hot an my heart pounded. Was really strange. No desire to try again.
  • lauraemily84
    Options
    Hmm that's an odd reaction to have perhaps your allergic to it! I've bought some to try as it's very low in cals and I love carbs so it seems to be a good substitute
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes. I have been buying them for over 15 years at my Asian grocery store. The most important part is after rinsing and patting dry, dry fry as much as possible. If you skip this, the texture is like rubber bands.
    I also pretty much only use them as a sub for ramen or rice noodles - noodle bowls, stir fry, etc and no more than 50:50 (typically 25:75) with veggies or meat, not as a main component. I don't care for them in Italian dishes.

All of this. Don't skip dry frying them.

As for ideas for dishes, I mostly eat them with Asian/Thai type meals.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just bought Explore Asian black bean noodles. They got decent reviews.
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have found spaghetti squash to be a great sub for pasta. You may like that as a low cal carb sub.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I like the eat water noodles and rice but the penne isn't nice, you can tell you chew it longer than normal if that makes sense.
    You do still rinse them, inside the box they are in a packet with the solution in.

Stir fried with soy sauce, a tonne of veggies and spices is my favourite.