snacking

Options
Everynight before i go to bed i have a major snack attack! I do good all day long but at night i snack like crazy. What do you do to fight those urges? Help!

Replies

• Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    try to increase water intake to get that full feeling, increase in low cal veggies like spinach/cabbage like crazy to have the full feeling, try to eat a protein based snack to prevent the dip in blood sugar levels at least 1-2 hrs before you go to bed, don't eat right before you go to bed.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have hot chocolate light. The Aldi version is 37 calories. Doesn't satiate any hunger but it certainly goes a long way to satisfying the ole sweet tooth :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Raw cauliflower (25 calories/cup) dipped in nonfat greek yogurt (10 calories/ounce) w/a little cayenne. It tastes really good and is super low-calorie. :)
  • determined2bfit
    determined2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Everynight before i go to bed i have a major snack attack! I do good all day long but at night i snack like crazy. What do you do to fight those urges? Help!

Candis, I thought I was the only that had this problem lol....I am trying my best daily to fight the urge, but it seems you were offered excellent advice best of wishes to you!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I go to bed early! lol
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    personally i have stripped the house of things i know i will go for! and filled it with stuff like grapes,pineapples ect cube them and always have a bowl in the fridge you can grab! other than that sugar free polo's! will kill the taste of anything nice you want!
  • takemeaway10
    Options
    Protein shake. Benefits: You get some water and you get some protein that will supply your body with energy during the oveernight fast, helping keep your metabolism up.