Does anyone else put in your meals a day in advance?

angelbabe218
angelbabe218 Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So, I feel kind of guilty about this but I find it helps as a form of meal planning. I put it in the night before, same with my exercise and then I feel more obligated to do the workouts and eat what I planned. Anyone else think it's a good system? What are your meal planning ideas? TIA

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I'm not sure why it would be an issue. Sometimes I put my lunch in when I'm packing it, but that's about it.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Oya for sure. When you're eating almost 4000 calories a day you have to do anythin to make sure you got that number
  • Rowan09
    Rowan09 Posts: 35 Member
    I haven't done it a day in advance but I have logged all my meals I plan to eat for the day first thing in the morning.
    For me it's the same thing- not worrying about straying from my plan!
  • Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    I often plan my food a day (or even two) in advance. As you say, it helps me stay on track and not be tempted by other things. Occasionally I might fancy something different (you know when you wake up and just fancy something?) but I'll make sure it stays within the calories/macros of what I'd planned.

It's nothing to feel guilty about! :smile:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Always. It helps me to know exactly how the day is going to play out, for both calories and macros. It's when I improvise that things go off the rails.
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Yes always so I know exactly what I'm cooking for tea and it definitely helps to keep on track...no quilt needed .....I'll actually put my menu for the week on a white board in the kitchen then do my grocery shop to accommodate the meals I'm gonna make so I know I have all the ingredients I need and don't then go off course.. if it helps do what ever suits you....
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    My food is generally planned in my diary five days in advance and my exercise is currently planned through the end of February. If something has to change, I just delete it and don't get too bent out of shape over it, tho.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Yep. I do M-F bc I meal plan. I adjust anything I need to on the actual day.

I also pre-add my Friday and Saturday night wine. Lol
  • I have tried this pre-logging and for me it always fails. I find that I forget to eat some of what I logged in advance, or that the serving size I planned was no longer available, or some other reason. I would love to be able to log in advance but all this kind of thing just makes it too much trouble for me because I have to spend extra time correcting most of it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I usually just do it the morning of but have a general idea the day before.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    I tend to do this too, without the guilt that is. Most certainly if I know in advance, so if it is a regular day- Immediately know then if and where there is room or not. Pre-logging has been a great source of sanity for me
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    No, but that is a GREAT idea. When I get within a few weeks of my race I have to pay super close attention to my nutrition. I sometimes struggle to do this and I think you just gave me the idea I needed. I can use MFP to 'plan' my days so I know I will get enough protein and calories.

THANKS! :)
  • violetta5345
    violetta5345 Posts: 33 Member
    I pre-log every day. For one thing I cook a lot, so I always have leftovers for lunch that I can add for the next day. For another, even if tweak it a bit pre-logging helps be stay on goal. I don't log exercise in advance because I've been known to be lazy now and again.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    I pre-log every Saturday for the entire upcoming week. Helps me considerably with shopping. If something changes, then I edit my diary.
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    I do this 50% of the time. I do better when I plan ahead!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    If that works for you then it's great! Nothing wrong with that. I have never done that because you know a woman's prerogative is to change her mind! ;)
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Yep. For awhile I was even logging my entire week in advance. If I start with a plan at the beginning of the day, I have a much better shot of sticking with it. No need to feel guilty about that!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I do it all the time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    Quite often I'll put in my lunches and snacks. Those are my decision so ... why not log them in advance.

My dinners are my husband's decision so I don't know what we'll eat until he makes it.

But pre-logging means that I can drop or add things depending on what's for dinner. Big dinner = lighter evening snack. Light dinner = bigger evening snack.