Quick breakfast ideas not laden with sugar?

Options
13»

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I'm sure the original poster knows that breakfast is not mandatory. Perhaps this is a person who just wants to eat breakfast. Just putting it out there.

Perhaps...

She wasn't told not to eat breakfast.

Actually I had already left a post with a breakfast idea.

I believe that she asked for ideas...so not eating breakfast is an idea. Just putting it out there as you say.

I am not debating this. I was only saying what I feel as others also say what they feel here. Not eating really isn't a food idea so much as it is a fasting idea.

Nor do I want to debate with you. However...

Instead of being confrontational...if you believe my post to inappropriate for this thread the better option would have been to flag my post as abusive and let a moderator deal with it by removing my post and sending me a warning.

I am also sure that the OP knows that he/she can eat breakfast if they desire. Putting information out there and letting someone decide what fits them can be helpful. Ideas on how others handle breakfast might give he/she ideas on how to make their breakfast or lack there of work for them.

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I'm sure the original poster knows that breakfast is not mandatory. Perhaps this is a person who just wants to eat breakfast. Just putting it out there.

Perhaps...

She wasn't told not to eat breakfast.

Actually I had already left a post with a breakfast idea.

I believe that she asked for ideas...so not eating breakfast is an idea. Just putting it out there as you say.

I am not debating this. I was only saying what I feel as others also say what they feel here. Not eating really isn't a food idea so much as it is a fasting idea.

Nor do I want to debate with you. However...

Instead of being confrontational...if you believe my post to inappropriate for this thread the better option would have been to flag my post as abusive and let a moderator deal with it by removing my post and sending me a warning.

I am also sure that the OP knows that he/she can eat breakfast if they desire. Putting information out there and letting someone decide what fits them can be helpful. Ideas on how others handle breakfast might give he/she ideas on how to make their breakfast or lack there of work for them.

How did I confront? I said, "I'm sure the original poster knows that breakfast is not mandatory. Perhaps this is a person who just wants to eat breakfast. Just putting it out there." That is not confrontational. I actually did not single out any specific person who stated that they feel the breakfast thing is a myth, for the purpose of NOT being confrontational. YOU however quoted and addressed ME directly. So the confrontation is coming from YOUR end. I suppose I have no business venturing to guess that maybe the OP just wants to have breakfast. I don't know why that would offend anyone but then again these forums.... SMH...
  • thelatecomer
    thelatecomer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for suggestions, not avoiding protein just saying on weekends where I've had a brunch full of protein (and everything else... bacon, egg, sausages etc) I'm still hungry at lunch time. So I prefer to have a light breakfast and save calories for later :smile: . Just was getting bored of the sugary cereal bar...lots of ideas here though, so thank you.
  • farrell16
    farrell16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of 2 eggs and a fruit side... usually an apple
  • christine_linthacum
    Options
    My breakfast is under 200 - 1 egg, 2 egg whites and veggies. Scrambled in microwave so its fast.
    On the side raw veggies that are around - red pepper, baby carrots, celery, snap peas.
  • stylzemail
    stylzemail Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Most those health bars.. has corn syrup as sugar in it .... that's why so-called energy bars - causes sugar crash....
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean or Special K pre-made breakfast sandwiches. (You can make your own version if you prefer)
  • stylzemail
    stylzemail Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try dry oats with trail mix nuts in it and apple juice....in it mixed together for breakfast -- energy booster , one person replied as If I not know- what I talking about --- when I do.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    stylzemail wrote: »
    Try dry oats with trail mix nuts in it and apple juice....in it mixed together for breakfast -- energy booster , one person replied as If I not know- what I talking about --- when I do.

That's a lot of sugar for someone who doesn't want sugar
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats? Made the night before and if you make it in a mason jar, portable.

1/2c rolled oats
    1c milk

Then add whatever you like. I usually put in 1/4c blueberries, a little Truvia, a drop of vanilla, and I keep out a 1 tbspn of sliced almonds until just before I eat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If I want a light breakfast I just have vegetables with either an egg (or two) or cottage cheese on the side.