Activity level

Options
Another question;

I started not doing a lot of physical activity but would work out 3-4 days a week.

I am now running 4 days a week (long distances) and lifting 3 days a week....I may only do it twice to give myself one rest day..

What would be my activity level? I'm always so tired and I wonder if I'm eating enough for what I'm doing in a week.

I also want to adjust my macros as well but need to determine calorie intake as well..

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    activity level is any movement outside of planned exercise.
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

I did some extra research and came across another thread on here.

Because I never ever log my exercises in, thus I never eat my calories back, it stated I should bump to the next activity level.

So instead of slightly active, I put myself to active. Maybe that will help with the tiredness? Although, now I have to find creative ways to add more calories without A) getting off track and B)not messing with my macros.

I burn, in running alone, about 2,500 cal a week? Then theres lifting which I know doesnt burn much but it makes me more hungry than running does, funny enough...

I guess I just have to find a balance.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    if you're using a TDEE approach you're better off using scooby to get a calorie figure
  • CranstonJ2016
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I don't know what TDEE is...so the Scooby comment really went over my head.

Thanks for the advice though...
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I don't know what TDEE is...so the Scooby comment really went over my head.

Thanks for the advice though...

Google is your friend.

Tdee is your total daily energy expenditure
  • CranstonJ2016
    Options
    I would have googled if I thought it was important enough to.

Thanks for the info...
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I would have googled if I thought it was important enough to.

Thanks for the info...

Wow, you're rude.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP as designed, it utilizes the NEAT method whereby your calorie targets are based on no exercise...to account for exercise activity you log it and get additional calories to "eat back". This is why the activity level descriptors make no mention of exercise, and only your day to day stuff.

If you want to include exercise I would recommend going to a TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator to get a good estimated target and customize your goals here...make adjustments as necessary per your real world results. Any and all of these calculators simply provide for reasonable estimations to get you started...generally people need to make adjustments as per what is happening real time.

• CranstonJ2016
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If you're using MFP as designed, it utilizes the NEAT method whereby your calorie targets are based on no exercise...to account for exercise activity you log it and get additional calories to "eat back". This is why the activity level descriptors make no mention of exercise, and only your day to day stuff.

If you want to include exercise I would recommend going to a TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator to get a good estimated target and customize your goals here...make adjustments as necessary per your real world results. Any and all of these calculators simply provide for reasonable estimations to get you started...generally people need to make adjustments as per what is happening real time.

Thank you very much for the informative reply :)

• mrcs_jolly
    mrcs_jolly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with tiredness, you need more food/energy. Generally more complex carbs to fuel your workouts. Try it and see how you feel.
  • CranstonJ2016
    Options
    mrcs_jolly wrote: »
    If you struggle with tiredness, you need more food/energy. Generally more complex carbs to fuel your workouts. Try it and see how you feel.

Thank you! I upped my cal intake yesterday. I started MFP as sedentary back in....July? Maybe August? I now run/train for a half 4 days a week and lift 3...and I never log calories burned...so i never eat them back. So I decided to up my cal intake based on another thread on MFP. Give it a whirl and see whats what.

For the past week or so I've been feeling really bloated by am still within my calories, so theres obviously something out if wack that I need to focus on nutrition wise.

Can one feel bloated under eating? I think that my tiredness was definitely due to under eating, for my activity level..