3rd time's the charm!?

Options
1_up
1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
Hello (again) MFP,

I'm back again for the third time, yes the third and hopefully the last time... I've started dieting back on 1/1/11 @ 242 lbs and I've joined MFP in March. This is my 3rd time joining MFP, since March because I've either quit out of frustration or because I got bored not seeing that weight fall off as easily as the first 30 or so lbs. I'm down to 205 lbs and I have another 20 lbs to go. I've always found this community very informative and supportive and I plan to stick around this time.

I very much so yearn to join the under 200 lb club, which I haven't seen in 5 years and I plan to stick with the program to make this happen! I wish the best of luck to everyone here with their health and fitness goals!

Sincerely,

Your Friend Tony (aka Javarush)

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Dude, why the frustration? You proved that you can do this. You are down 30 plus pounds since January! That's awesome !!!!

But welcome back. You are so close to 200 that its right there. YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey Tony,

I'm on my second try, (starting yesterday!) and originally started 6/01/11. I lost 20 lbs the first time, and since April have managed put put 7 back on :(

Weighed in this morning and already lost 2lbs so it must have been water :)

Another 17 lbs to go to reach my target of 175 by October, although my actual target is a bit more. It's a slow process but my feeling is that the longer it takes the more permanent the change will be :)

Best of luck!

Louise
  • 1_up
    Options
    @cw

Thanks for the motivation! I'm glad to be back!!

I think its because I dropped 31 lbs from Jan 1st to Mar 1st and joined the site at 211 lbs. I hit my first plateau at 207 lbs and I was used to seeing the quick results. I'm a very laid back person and at times I can be impatient. I've also been labeled a "professional slacker" at times because of my carefree attitude and sometimes I just need a lil push to continue onward lol. My "push" is getting under 200 this time though and any lbs I lose after that are just bonus vanity lbs to me :P
  • 1_up
    Options
    Hey Louise,

Best of luck to you as well! I've put on 5 lbs since I left the site 6 weeks ago or so myself. Hopefully I'll get a 2 lb water loss break haha!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    @cw

Thanks for the motivation! I'm glad to be back!!

I think its because I dropped 31 lbs from Jan 1st to Mar 1st and joined the site at 211 lbs. I hit my first plateau at 207 lbs and I was used to seeing the quick results. I'm a very laid back person and at times I can be impatient. I've also been labeled a "professional slacker" at times because of my carefree attitude and sometimes I just need a lil push to continue onward lol. My "push" is getting under 200 this time though and any lbs I lose after that are just bonus vanity lbs to me :P
    I am going to send a friend request because we are about in the same position. I started out in January around 230 made it to 204 and cant seem to get below 200 either. Maybe we can push each other through this plateau!
  • 1_up
    Options
    I am going to send a friend request because we are about in the same position. I started out in January around 230 made it to 204 and cant seem to get below 200 either. Maybe we can push each other through this plateau!

Sounds like a plan bud! Under 200 club here we come!
  • mbuiks
    mbuiks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have already accomplished so much, and you are so close to another milestone. You can do this, and you will feel on top of the world! I suggest trying just one thing today that you didn't do yesterday. (I should take my own advice...)
  • 1_up
    Options
    Thanks mb! Im going to get under 200 this time for sure!