C-section bellys, I need hope!!

Options
2»

Replies

• KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I was cut horizontal both times, I would assume though that the up & down cut would be harder to heal?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    i always planned that when i have kids i would get a c-section because im terrified of childbirth.
    does it **** up ur belly more than just being pregnant does?
    man i hate being the woman.
    y cant the guys **** up there bodies and suffer through the pain ='[
    i mean iv already ****ed up my boobs for life and i only had mine for 13 weeks before it went..

Wow i just realised how much i swore during this post.
    sorry..

I've never had a c-section, but I've had two vaginal births, and one was pretty traumatic. Even with that, the recovery time from a c-section is much longer. Sometimes a c-section is necessary, but it's not something you want to strive for. It's hard on you.

ETA: I know this is a touchy subject, so I want to affirm that I am not passing judgment on moms who have had c-sections. I've had several friends and relatives who have gone through them, and they tell me that the recovery is difficult. A friend of mine recently had an emergency c-section, and when she compared it to her first birth, she said it's been much harder. That's all I'm addressing.
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had three children, the last two by c-section. I had the 'flap' (yick!) over the scar area that I thought would never get better. I still have work to do but recently posted a picture after losing 35 pounds (I'm only 5'2", so that was quite a lot for my frame). It's not perfect but did see a HUGE improvement..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/290405-first-real-post-39-pounds-down-35-in-pic-nsv

I have seen others with two or three c-sections that have really defined abs, so I know it can be done!

Best wishes :flowerforyou: ,

Ellumi
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Yeah my 1st was an emergency after over 16 hours of hard labor, 2nd time had no choice because of the 1st and Im amazed at how many people just choose to have them. They are not fun to recover from! :noway:
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As women reply to this, I wonder what direction they wer cut for the c-sections.

I was cut up and down twice. No bikini cut for me. I have almost no ab strength. Last year when I worked with a personal trainer, he said he could tell that I had major issues with ad strength.

After reading this, I just wonder if the up and down cuts are more difficult to flatten??

I have two horizontal and one vertical from belly button to other c section scars and I find I cannot do sit ups at all! I have about a 2 inch gap where the muscles should meet and a lopsided rib cage - wow ... that paints a pretty picture eh!

My muscles are totally shot but are getting better by doing the 30 Day Shred - Im coming to the end of that now and am starting the 6 pack in 6 weeks (prepared for this to take 6 months if I have to!).

Good luck to everyone trying to shift the "apron" ew!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As women reply to this, I wonder what direction they wer cut for the c-sections.

I was cut up and down twice. No bikini cut for me. I have almost no ab strength. Last year when I worked with a personal trainer, he said he could tell that I had major issues with ad strength.

After reading this, I just wonder if the up and down cuts are more difficult to flatten??

I have two horizontal and one vertical from belly button to other c section scars and I find I cannot do sit ups at all! I have about a 2 inch gap where the muscles should meet and a lopsided rib cage - wow ... that paints a pretty picture eh!

My muscles are totally shot but are getting better by doing the 30 Day Shred - Im coming to the end of that now and am starting the 6 pack in 6 weeks (prepared for this to take 6 months if I have to!).

Good luck to everyone trying to shift the "apron" ew!

I have a 2 inch gap myself, even though I didn't have a vertical cut. It happens with pregnancy,, when the belly pushes out the muscles and the junction ligaments break. Only surgery and tight belts can help.
    In your case they did cut the ligaments, wasn't just the pregnancy.
    Gosh, my belly looks so ugly. If I exercise abs, they stick out and they point in the wrong direction. But I have to do sit ups anyways because I have to pass a physical test next year and it requires sit ups.
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    gnoccola - I'm not sure - they had to go back in after my first emergency c as I had an internal bleed on the back of the uterus - happy days! I know they made a right mess :( Bikini days are def. behind me - but would love my flat tummy back!