inches lost no weight change?

Options
So iv lost 80 pounds i know how that works and i know most people will say iv gained muscle mass thats why i havent lose weight but iv lost inches.

Thing is iv actually not been working and iv been less active because of it all month (very physical job) So if anything i should lose muscle not gain.

Iv lost a significant number of inches all over my body including 4 on my stomach alone since jan 1st without losign any weight. Yes im sure i measured correctly iv done it alot.

What? Any ideas as to why?

Replies

• patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well from experience I've noticed the greatest change in body composition after taking a week or two off. If you work out hard all the time for an extended period of time your body never gets a chance to fully recover. Once your body can recover adequately that's when new muscle is formed. Inches usually comes before numbers on the scale because your body is still holds by water in the fat cells, you'll probably notice a large number decrease all at once at some point in the future once your body releases it.
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The kg are not important if your weights has Not changed BUT you've lost centimeters ( you've lost fat and gained muscle ) <3 remember that ,,be more slim,, means losing FAT mass, not kg ;)
  • Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You've gained muscle and lost fat. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't trust "inches." Especially in the stomach area, a change in circumference can be a result of what you have eaten recently. I went for a long time thinking I wasn't overly fat because I could still fit into jeans with a 36 inch waist. I conveniently ignored the fact that they were hard to get on at first. While I am now comfortable in 34 inch jeans, I wore 36's for most of the time I was losing weight.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    The kg are not important if your weights has Not changed BUT you've lost centimeters ( you've lost fat and gained muscle ) <3 remember that ,,be more slim,, means losing FAT mass, not kg ;)
    Karie2017 wrote: »
    You've gained muscle and lost fat. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Did you miss the part where she said she isn't really working out? Muscle isn't easy to gain for a women even if they are working out.
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    She stopped working out for a month. In my first post I described what might be happening because of that. Only way to know for sure is to measure body fat % I suppose
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have run into the exact same thing. I think inches matter more than the number on the scale. Women tend to hold on to water, which is why there is no drop with the numbers.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hah i really hope for a whoosh soon 4 inches around tummy went up to 6 thismorning on an empty tummy. Seems like im due for a large whoosh. Fingers crossed!

Edit: I eat 1200 a day and havent been working out theres next to no chance i lost 4-6 inches of fat for muscle