Countin' Calories

Options
I am trying so hard to eat better, so I make good choices throughout the day, get to supper and have a ton of calories left. I am not sure how to pace it better, I am eating breakfast, lunch a snack and then supper. I am only drinking water now, so I am getting no calories from liquids.

Any suggestions?????:ohwell: :ohwell:

Replies

• takjanelle
    Options
    I am trying so hard to eat better, so I make good choices throughout the day, get to supper and have a ton of calories left. I am not sure how to pace it better, I am eating breakfast, lunch a snack and then supper. I am only drinking water now, so I am getting no calories from liquids.

Any suggestions?????:ohwell: :ohwell:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    add another snack? I eat 6 times a day, and am always way under
  • amberca1
    Options
    Wow you girls are lucky. It's a constant struggle for me to stay within my calories. If I don't work out (and get those extra work-out calories) I feel as though I am starving to death. The other night I went out to dinner and my steak was more calories than I am allowed in a whole day! Before I started this I probably consumed about 3000 calories a day on a regular day. The 1200 calories is really, really, hard for me.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you takin in a day

like if your goal is 1500 (just throwing that out there)

breakfast 400

am snack 150

lunch 400

pm snack- 150

dinner 400
  • healthy_me
    Options
    Wow you girls are lucky. It's a constant struggle for me to stay within my calories. If I don't work out (and get those extra work-out calories) I feel as though I am starving to death. The other night I went out to dinner and my steak was more calories than I am allowed in a whole day! Before I started this I probably consumed about 3000 calories a day on a regular day. The 1200 calories is really, really, hard for me.
    I know where you are coming from! I workout so I can eat those extra calories. I eat typically around 1800 a day. I couldn't imagine only eating 1200-1500 with doing over an hour of intense cardio a day.
  • takjanelle
    Options
    I don't think it is luck or my butt would be smaller :smile: I cannot find the happy medium between eating a truckload of fat to eating better, that really should have been my question.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Try to plan your meals early in the day and log them in. This way you get a good picture of how your day will look like. This way you can take away there and add somewhere else, etc. For example today I decided to give my body a rest so my intake was just 1200 cals. :grumble: I'd rather exercise and eat more but our bodies need to rest as well. :laugh: So what I did was to, before I put anything in my mouth, plan my meals and snacks, trying to eat as healthy as possible so I could eat more volume!! And voila, I only went over by 2 calories!!!! It takes a little more planning that way but it can be done. I hope this helps. Also you don't have to stop eating the foods you like just less of them. :flowerforyou:
  • takjanelle
    Options
    Thank you that was helpful, I will do more planning!!! :)