I am finally doing it again!

Options
This weight loss journey I've been on has been the biggest up-down road I have ever been on. I do well for a short time, then I suck. Then I do well again. I find it hard to keep motivation, even when I am seeing excellent results. For those who read this, what are some ways you stay motivated even though you struggle?

One of my best friends is getting married next year and I want to get to my goal before her wedding to surprise her. This has given me a motivation I haven't had before - for someone else and not really myself. But I am fearful that I will give up like I did last year.

I'm still down 42lbs from where I was last year, even though I gained 40 back. I had lost 90 over all and going backwards really killed my motivation. But I am hopeful to get back to it and start making progress.

I look forward to making friends along this journey this time and I plan to post here from time to time to keep the motivation fresh and to meet some fresh faces.

We are all going through something and we can all do it together. Don't hesitate to add me if you want to be friends. :) Let's make 2017 rock!!!!

Replies

• Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I stay motivated because I want to be able to stay healthy and not rely on others to have to take care of me. Goal is to lose 20lbs and be lean for 2017.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    For me it's about habit rather than feelings of motivation. If I followed my plan only on the days I felt motivated, I would still be 150 lbs overweight. How bad do you really want it? That's your motivation. Then you set a plan and follow it whether you feel like it or not, because you know the end result.
  • swray21
    swray21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am also commited not just because I need to but also have a wedding next year...mine!!! I love open diaries. Can add me!!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Determination is what counts. But being motivated does make it easier. I look for a MFP challenge that appeals to me. Currently I'm doing "lose 1 pound a week". I post on my wall every day to someone else. I come on here and try to help people. All of this helps me to keep having fun on this journey, until it just becomes habit.