Fitbit alta

Options
So i just got a fitbit alta and I calculated my TDEE as 1734 but have my calories set at 1275 on MFP for my 500 calorie deficit (not exactly 500 but close enough). My question is how many calories should I aim for burned in a day on my fitbit in order to match up my food and burns? About 2200? VERY new to this fitbit thingy and wanted to use it for more motivation, any help is appreciated!

Stats: SW- 140 GW- 130 or 125, height- 5'2" (I weigh everything)

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Aim to burn however many calories you want. If you also set fitbit to a 500 calorie deficit, then mfp and fitbit should be on par.
    Personally i only follow mfp for food/calories. I'm assuming you've synced your fitbit to mfp? If so, simply eat the calories myfitnesspal has alloted you.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with your figure for tdee? Just out of interest. I'm thinking of getting one too
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with your figure for tdee? Just out of interest. I'm thinking of getting one too

I used a tdee calculator on the Web, you can find good suggestions through MFP
  • LittleChipin
    Options
    Aim to burn however many calories you want. If you also set fitbit to a 500 calorie deficit, then mfp and fitbit should be on par.
    Personally i only follow mfp for food/calories. I'm assuming you've synced your fitbit to mfp? If so, simply eat the calories myfitnesspal has alloted you.

No I did not sync them together, I heard it can be too confusing that way
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

What? That's the easiest way, it's set and forget. I don't even pay attention to the numbers over on fitbit, other than my total daily burn.

I'm doing things a little different now, I have myself set to my maintenance goal weight calories at sedentary here, and use exercise to create my deficit. But when i was doing it the regular way, i ate 50-75% of my exercise calories back, some people are able to eat them ALL back, it's just trial and error.

Using both fitbit and mfp separately is like using 2 different paths to the same destination, and can get confusing.
  • LittleChipin
    Options

What? That's the easiest way, it's set and forget. I don't even pay attention to the numbers over on fitbit, other than my total daily burn.

I'm doing things a little different now, I have myself set to my maintenance goal weight calories at sedentary here, and use exercise to create my deficit. But when i was doing it the regular way, i ate 50-75% of my exercise calories back, some people are able to eat them ALL back, it's just trial and error.

Using both fitbit and mfp separately is like using 2 different paths to the same destination, and can get confusing.

Okay, I'll try syncing them and see how that works for me ☺
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I also suggest syncing them I've had a Fitbit for a year and have mine synced and it's working I only eat back 50-75% of my exercise calories
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mine are synced and I love it