College Exercise

Options
Sup guys,
I've just tinished my first semester of school snd didn't do any sports for the first time in my life, and as a biger man i can start feeling my self slipping really bad.
So are there any other college students out there, and what do you guys do to stay fit whith this hecktik schedule, especially with a much needed balance in health and school.
Thanks

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Do you live on campus? In a dorm? We used to run up and down the stairs in our building. Leave early for class and walk the long way. Is there a gym on campus? We drank a lot but worked out a lot to offset it :-P Try to find a workout buddy to keep you going! Good luck. Freshman 15 is real!
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I swam at my school's pool. Do you have access to a campus gym/pool? If so use it.
  • sweatin4me
    sweatin4me Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I took exercise classes. That way I had to attened, actually do the work, and I got a grade and credits at the end of the semester.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not in college but I will chime in to suggest sitting down with your schedule for the next week or two and looking for open spots. Most of us can find an hour or two here or there throughout the week when we can fit in some exercise. It might be early in the morning or in between classes or late at night or on the weekend but I am guessing that you can do this too. Once you have scheduled your workouts into those times, treat them like appointments you cannot break. Don't look at exercise time as "maybe I'll go workout" time.
  • 0njamin
    0njamin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Once you have scheduled your workouts into those times, treat them like appointments you cannot break. Don't look at exercise time as "maybe I'll go workout" time.
    Thtats what I've been doing recently whear if i say im going to do something im gping to do it or else that would mean that my word is worthless, amd i highly value my word. Tganks for the ideas man.
  • 0njamin
    Options
    Joenali wrote: »
    I swam at my school's pool. Do you have access to a campus gym/pool? If so use it.
    We do have a pool and i did used to swim back in High school, but i want to get a bit more fit and build my stamina and indurence before I go back to the pool, and do my beloved butterflies.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    It's been a few years since I was in college, but my college had a nice gym that was available for students. I utilised it and also ran the campus a few evenings a week. Joining club rugby helped too. Does your college have club or intramural sports?
  • 0njamin
    Options
    sweatin4me wrote: »
    I took exercise classes. That way I had to attened, actually do the work, and I got a grade and credits at the end of the semester.
    I've been thinking about that but that's a lot of commitment to donar first. I know i keep saying i need to do something 1st. Butbi realy should build up my indorence and strength 1st
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Join an intermural sport, go to the gym, run or bike, or take exercise classes.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    0njamin wrote: »
    Joenali wrote: »
    We do have a pool and i did used to swim back in High school, but i want to get a bit more fit and build my stamina and indurence before I go back to the pool, and do my beloved butterflies.
    Start swimming. Your endurance will rebuild. It will come more quickly for you than it did for me.
    I did a 5 mile swim before work today. If an old guy like me can build endurance I never had as a younger man, you can certainly do it having been their before.
    Plus you don't feel yourself sweating when swimming. :D