The Divorce Diet is Working!

katiedid1226
katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
Very new at the divorcing - not new here!

I lost a huge chunk in the past month. I know, not the perfect way to do that, but MOMENTUM, Baby!

I would love to hear from others who are separating, divorcing, breaking up. It is a whole new beautiful world out there, RIGHT! RIGHT??/

Replies

• Jewels8225
    Jewels8225 Posts: 20 Member
    Congrats!! And way to have a great attitude about it! Divorce can be scary but there are a lot of exciting things that come after it too!
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Hmmm, probably newer here than the divorcing thing!

My wife is disappearing into the fantasy land of Alzheimer's, and she has been in fulltime care for the last 15 months. Her financial affairs are controlled by a court appointed administrator, and when they had a meeting with her and her son last January, she convinced the administrator that she wanted a divorce and property settlement.

So how does a divorce that hasn't happened yet make me an old hand at it? This is my 4th wife!

Hopefully, like me, you now take full responsibility for yourself, and start actually looking after yourself, for yourself! You no longer have a boat anchor attached to your plans for yourself!

(Just be wary of all of his friends and your girlfriend's husbands who come calling and offering their "services", because you'll surely be after some! My current wife had that experience when her first husband died!)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Been on that diet 3 times. Really works well.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Five of the Happiest and saddest years of my life its just NOT the same not seeing your kids morning and night knowing your *kitten* of an X wife has a new man near your kids every couple months.. Ya its been one of those Mornings..lol..
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    I did the divorce diet. I gained it all back but it was worth every moment. Would I recommend it? No. Too many emotions involved.
  • cashidy
    cashidy Posts: 152 Member
    I lose tons of weight at the end of a relationship. Sadly, I gain it back and then some later when I realize I have been starving once my emotions aren't clouding my appetite. Try to start on a healthy diet soon so you can keep the weight loss, don't binge and burn like me.
  • I once left a guy with whom I had spent 3 years living with. I always thought of it as losing 235 lbs of ugly fat. Onward and upward to better things!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    I must be the outlier, when my ex moved out, I put on 20 pounds in the first year. . . not sadness eating, I was enjoying cooking great food and eating it! His parents lived with us for the last 8 years of our marriage, and his mother cooked all the meals, and they were awful!

So I joined MFP and banished those extra pounds.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Divorce was the best thing I ever did. Didn't impact my weight at all. I was fat towards the end of my marriage (but on about 25 lbs over the course of 8 years, going from college to a desk job) and I stayed fat for a year or two after. I got on the "I'm bored and need a hobby" lifting and diet plan.
  • bubbles2621
    bubbles2621 Posts: 546 Member
    Divorce is Define!!!! I'm finally able to get to my goal, I'm living life and loving it!!!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I used to tell everyone that I had lost 240 pounds! 40 of my own and 200 of his ugliness! Life was so much better after that decision. More time for living life now!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Isn't the divorce diet joke that you "lost 100 watever pounds...I divorce the jerk".
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Oh yes, whenever I end a relationship I spend a lot more time in the gym/being active and cook differently, which means lower calorie food.
  • katiedid1226
    Divorce - How I lost part of the FINAL
    20 pounds!
  • wardamnirish056
    wardamnirish056 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm already losing weight and mine isn't even final yet. Another aspect to look forward to!
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    I'm looking forward to losing 180 lbs myself...What a bonus if I lost a little in my own *kitten*.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    I've been so much happier, and much less stressed since leaving my husband. I've dropped almost 50 pounds since May, and haven't really been doing much to attempt weight loss.

When you know you've done the right thing and left the wrong person, your life gets better!
  • katiedid1226
    5n00py wrote: »
    Hmmm, probably newer here than the divorcing thing!

My wife is disappearing into the fantasy land of Alzheimer's, and she has been in fulltime care for the last 15 months. Her financial affairs are controlled by a court appointed administrator, and when they had a meeting with her and her son last January, she convinced the administrator that she wanted a divorce and property settlement.

So how does a divorce that hasn't happened yet make me an old hand at it? This is my 4th wife!

Hopefully, like me, you now take full responsibility for yourself, and start actually looking after yourself, for yourself! You no longer have a boat anchor attached to your plans for yourself!

(Just be wary of all of his friends and your girlfriend's husbands who come calling and offering their "services", because you'll surely be after some! My current wife had that experience when her first husband died!)

You have a tricky situation. Sounds like hell but you are making it through to the other side.
    I have found out the hard way about husbands of friends who are all of a sudden "there for me". I don't need any more of the BS....good Lord!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Congrats! I just did the same!! 200 lbs of uselessness just GONE from my life!