Had McDonalds for breakfast....

Options
hookandy
hookandy Posts: 278 Member
Nope I am not posting in the wrong forum, I had a Sausage and Egg McMuffin and I am counting it as a success. Let me tell you why- Hungry on the way into work, so made an active stop and had some extra breakfast. Why a success, well there was lots of cakes in the office, but I was able to turn them down. Before starting this journey I would have stopped had breakfast 2 and eaten the cake as well. The best bit of it all, I enjoyed my second breakfast, did not crave the cake and hit my numbers

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Great job! Everyone's journey is different and that's what makes this world wonderful. Change in habits is huge! I understand the food in at work, just received an e-mail that there will be cupcakes on Monday for all 400 employees! -I thought I will not be having one, but happy that they are recognizing others. Keep it up
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    If McDonald's ever gets around to all-day lunch menu, then this might be a rational option.
  • steph_runn44
    steph_runn44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've realized that's one of the great things about using MFP. I can have a "treat" or something that would normally be considered unhealthy but still have it fit into my calories and still lose weight. Good work!
  • Kamaro1983
    Kamaro1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The way I started last year before running into a major injury and health issues which forced me to stop 6 mth in and how Im doing it since starting back almost a mth ago is by No real restrictions but all moderation, portion control, Calorie in and out accountability and daily exercise and for me at least it works and it works with the same results that I've had doing extremes that I could not keep up with to lose weight. So its all in what works for you and whats working for you! Congrats on making a plan and executing it then sticking with it all day and hitting your goal!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I had the egg McMuffin this morning, kinda felt like I was cheating but realised it TOTALLY worked in my plan and it was fine. Now the 6 pack of custard donuts I bought today may be another matter... >:)
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hey, I had a steak egg and cheese McMuffin and a black coffee (love their coffee). It definitely tasted successful, lol. All about balance. It's really not that bad, at what, about 400 calories? Maybe before you found a healthy way to live you would have had a couple hashbrowns and large iced coffee with extra cream, sugar, and whipped cream.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    my fav was always the big breakfast and hotcakes, don't think I can ever fit that one in my plan :(
  • dfarina33
    dfarina33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love the egg white McMuffin. The regular McMuffin's sometimes the yolk's can sometimes be nasty, so I actually think the egg whites work better. The best part, two egg white mcmuffin=500 cals, 1 sausage = 450 cals, plus much lower sodium count even with 2.
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Flexible dieting for the win
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    dfarina33 wrote: »
    I love the egg white McMuffin. The regular McMuffin's sometimes the yolk's can sometimes be nasty, so I actually think the egg whites work better. The best part, two egg white mcmuffin=500 cals, 1 sausage = 450 cals, plus much lower sodium count even with 2.

I had an egg white McMuffin on Saturday. Went to the gym, had a lot of errands to run and was feeling very hungry after working out. Stayed within my calories for the day, and week, and this morning down -1.5 pounds for the week. Working the calories in to your daily allotment works.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    He informed me I can add bacon to a sausage mcmuffin

Damn you!!!!!!!!!

(I did not know this)

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    He informed me I can add bacon to a sausage mcmuffin

Damn you!!!!!!!!!

(I did not know this)

You can add bacon to anything at McDonalds. Even an ice cream sundae. Just ask for it!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    we all make rules to get the deficit needed to lose Some balance it all out and stay within their calorie goals..like you did. I swear off all fast food, food in malls, and stadium food. That covers a lot of territory, and that helps me stay in line.

We all have to do what works. I find Mc Donald's food addictive. I think they put something in there to make you crave it on a daily basis conspiracy ..all that. :)
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I love McDonald's breakfast! I have an egg white delight every other Saturday after I get off of work. It fits in my calorie goal just fine and I feel no shame eating it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!