Pre-workout rituals we all have em let's here them

Options

Replies

• goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually just always play the same playlist each time I go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Don't have one...
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Depends upon the activity but when I used to play in beach volleyball tournaments, I'd try to eat as much melon as I could stand for breakfast because it would hydrate without making me waterlogged.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    coffee.. daughter..pokemon go..pacer app.
  • samueljackson18
    samueljackson18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always remember when I have a good workout and try replicate the same thing each time, I think if I do the same each day or before each workout I will have the same energy/motivation to get me through. A lot of good prework advise on here.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    To be honest I think my pre workout routine has been the same for a decade. While I eat I try to visualize my workout in my head down to every set and rep. I basically have a mental workout before I actually do my workout. The more I visualize, the more I get excited and psyched for it, and hopefully by the time I'm warming up, I'm on autopilot....I do what I think I'll do.
  • Aed0416
    Aed0416 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ....I pump :D . I have to. But I use that time to focus, set goals and give myself a pep talk.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    +1 for preworkout poop. And caffeine. Actually, its caffeine then poop. They're connected.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I get into my workout clothes, have protein coffee and use the bathroom. Grab my phone, headphones, water bottle and go!
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    preworkout poop then load up my music of tv show if i'm just doing cardio
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I get to the gym, crank up my headphones, and it's time to *kitten* *kitten* up.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    Seems like the braiding of the hair is a common prework out ritual I may have to apply this to my own

this could be the secret technique to increase the deadlift to 10+ plates.

You've heard of Samson, right? It's all about the hair.

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Wake up, caffeine pill with glass of water, drive to gym.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Energy drink like c4 and poop, then I stretch for a good 10 mins then I start.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout, combat crunch bar, leg kicks because I always squat first. It takes me about an hour to deal with all my crap and my locker after work. Sometimes when I'm home on the weekend I'll shower FIRST. I know it's weird but it feels kind of good, especially in the winter when I'm always so chilly.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner. Watch TV for an hour or two to digest. Workout. Enjoyed post workout snack, popcorn, buttered. More TV, shower and bed.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My preworkout routine is perhaps the shortest of the lifters that I personally know. Bench and squat days have me mobilizing my shoulders for a couple minutes, squats also see me loosen up my hip flexors just enough that I can hit depth. Deads might be some leg swings if my hips are feeling tight. Years spent learning exactly how mobile each part of my body is and limiting it to what is actually needed helps.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Pre-workout, combat crunch bar, leg kicks because I always squat first. It takes me about an hour to deal with all my crap and my locker after work. Sometimes when I'm home on the weekend I'll shower FIRST. I know it's weird but it feels kind of good, especially in the winter when I'm always so chilly.

Prelift showers are legit. I always feel better if I can manage one, especially on deadlift days. You don't need any kind of warmup when you just spent 20 minutes in a hot shower.
  • samueljackson18
    samueljackson18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Going to try the hot shower see how this goes