How do you take care of your protein requirements?

So I work 12 hour shifts, and I only get one 30 minute lunch break. That means I have periods of long fast. I am trying to lose fat only.

My packaged meal contains about 40 grams of protein. I am 315lbs.

How do I get all my needed protein in during the day, without having to buy meals all the time?

What high protein snacks do you recommend?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I use greek yoghurt (carbs/protein/fat); egg whites, shrimp (protein only) to hit my goals - 125g a day - my diary is open if you want to take a look
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    hard boiled eggs would be one of the easiest. Add a scoop of chicken/tuna/salmon salad. Add beans.
  • clags301
    clags301 Posts: 69 Member
    Milk? I make a latte with 1.25 cups skim milk every day, and they gets me well on my way. I also grill about 12 flattened chicken breast and put them in baggies with the weight written in sharpie to grab and go. And Greek yoghurt - my choice is plain, non fat.
  • GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    Chicken breast, protein shakes, boiled eggs, Greek yoghurt or skyr.
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Hard boiled eggs, chicken breast (cut in small pieces in a small zip bag), shrimps (almost pure protein!), non-fat plain greek yogurt. Also use quinoa as your carb source as it has protein as well!
  • OMAChiver
    OMAChiver Posts: 11 Member
    Are you able to consume liquids during working hours? If so, protein shakes would be a great and easy way to bump your protein intake before and after your lunch break...I drink 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch, and 1 for afternoon snack. 75g of protein (25g x 3 shakes) down the hatch everyday!
  • sewiggle
    sewiggle Posts: 50 Member
    I add beans to most of my meals. Sardines or tuna for lunch and chicken and veg for dinner. Be careful with eggs because 2 a day is over your cholesterol recommendations.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    iv been on a tuna kick because i failed miserably at protein xD I mix tuna with a scoop of canned mushroom soup and use it as a sauce over potatoes. Pretty yummy not gonna lie and i dont even like tuna XD Soometimes ill add a serving of kolbassa in it makes it spicy and also has a fair bit of protein
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    my go tos are eggs, Cottage cheese, chicken and tuna. All can be combined with a large variety of things to create easily portable and very healthy snacks.

Protein shakes are a great option too, I just don't like them much
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Meat, meat, and more meat

...also eggs or egg whites, Greek yogurt, protein shakes. The best thing to do is prep your meals ahead of time and getting your protein in won't be a problem. I typically eat around 300 grams of protein a day. It really isn't that hard to do.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    I eat a lot of chicken, peanut butter, eggs, greek nonfat yogurt, etc. However, I'd never hit my goals if it wasn't for my protein shakes. I drink a 2 scoop whey isolate shake every day, gives me a 48g boost in protein and helps me keep up for the day.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    I make a shake with almond milk, protein powder, and greek yogurt.