Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Go and see your GP/primary care doctor.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah I try to eat two dates and a kiwi fruit a day. As well as a pear and some raspberries as they're all high in fibre .. yet still I struggle
    I'll consider going to the doctor if this doesn't get better in the next day or so as it's becoming unbearable

Seeing as you drink enough and you have tried all home remedies I'd see the GP
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eggs do it to me if I have more than 3 or 4 a week can forget about number 2's
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it but try the doctor. This is probably diet related (not enough fat) but how can you be sure.

Go to doctors and ask for advice just to be sure :smile:
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yogurt or any other food with live fermentation might help you. If your evacuation is painful you may want to try a OTC stool softener (not a laxative). Look at your macros and try to swap some carb for fat, if your fat intake is very low. Good luck.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Increase your fiber intake- more things like celery and you could also try psyllium husk.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I think at this point you need a prescription from the doctor.

If you can't get an appointment straight away, try a very long bath, while gently massaging your tummy.

Exercise-wise, what kind of exercise? Running/power-walking or swimming would be what I'd do.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    I have been eating healthy for about a month. ... I haven't really been seeing any noticeable difference in my body measurements and I definitely haven't budged anything on the scales.. my problem is I haven't been able to poop properly for over two weeks now.

First of all, if you want to see weight loss, you've got to eat fewer calories than you're burning. It's nice to eat healthy (whatever that is), but for weight loss, it's all about the calories.

Happily, since it is all about the calories, that means you can eat whatever you want!

I had a few times during my weight loss when I experienced what you're experiencing which is really unusual for me. I'm usually the other way. However, to get things moving, all it took was ... as others have mentioned ... adding fat.

I'd go for a 100 km bicycle ride ... and then eat a whole pizza. :grin::grin::grin: Nope, I'm not kidding! A whole pizza here in Australia isn't as big as a US pizza ... it's kind of in between a medium and a large. And cycling 100 km gave me enough calories so I could afford to eat the pizza and still remain within my calorie limit.

But that was enough to get things going again. :)

Otherwise, I find that 2 or 3 cups of black coffee combined with 2 or 3 tall glasses of cold water helps to move things ... and long walks. A couple cups of black coffee and a brisk 5 km walk seems to do it for me now.

• Master_Butcher
    Master_Butcher Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This is a tricky subject. I'm surprised no ones mentioned this yet but usually when someones chronically constipated they're probably eating something their body rejects. Bloating is a sure sign of that. In addition their gut health is probably poor too. A rebalancing of good/bad bacteria through probiotics will rectify that.

By any chance do you fart a lot?

EDIT: Often times we become enchanted with the prospect of eating commonly known "healthy" foods ignoring the fact that one of these perceived food items could actually be causing health problems. We're all different so not everything is universally healthy to all humans. Thank natural selection for that.
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    On the subject of fermented foods and gut health - this published on the BBC site today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38800977

Rather interesting.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Have you tried taking more magnesium?

Or drinking coffee?

Magnesium actually backs me up, so maybe you are reacting to that. I had a similar problem, when taking homeopathic magnesium supplement daily. The chia seeds weren't helping anymore, then I red rosehips, which good for many things including BM (says the Internet and many articles I've seen..).

I have been taking 5g of dried ground rosehips and 5g chia seeds daily (soaked in water and then added to yogurt or similar food). The first 2 weeks I had alot of gas, but now it's better and I'm more regular again. Not sure if it was the rosehips or stopping the Magnesium intake. Anyway just a thought - we don't all react the same way to the same foods and supplements.

Also for some - a glass of warm water in the morning on an empty stomach seems to help too.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Generally fats, fiber, fluid, movement help things pass through you.
    But see a doctor if this has been going on for some time.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I used to severly limit my salt intake and suffered from constipation for years. Now I use a lot more salt and have considerably less constipation. idk why, but this worked for me. Also, have you heard of the salt water flush. Simply take a hot cup of water with one tablespoon of salt dissolved in it first thing in the morning, most people find this works. I imagine if you put 1 T of salt in your morning cup of coffee the same results would occur.
  • rhandsome10x
    rhandsome10x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    colon cleanse from GNC or health food store for 30 days
  • joannalouise92
    joannalouise92 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to go buy some senekot to take overnight which is a laxative but it's natural.. and I have an appointment to see the doctor next week
    Hopefully it'll fix before then but it not.. at least the doctor might help!
    I'll let you all know haha! :)
  • TripleA1328
    TripleA1328 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you take any medications but sometimes that can cause constipation try warm prune juice with butter it helps. If you do end up going to the doctor the medication called lincese or something like that should help. I personally take it when needed. I'm a medication Aide and CNA so I've done suppositories, digging people out, edma's but those are last resorts we always try prune juice with butter
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to go buy some senekot to take overnight which is a laxative but it's natural.. and I have an appointment to see the doctor next week
    Hopefully it'll fix before then but it not.. at least the doctor might help!
    I'll let you all know haha! :)

You may also consider Miralax. It's gentle and non stimulant. Good luck pooping! :blush:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I take 600-800mg of Magnesium when i need relief, 3-4 tablets. I take them before bed on an empty stomach, they do nothing for me if i take them during the day. I also have 25g of psyllium husk powder everyday.