So obvious - grilled cheese! And your family won't know the

Options
My wife suggested grilled cheese would be a good meal for our lifestyle change. I actually did a blog post (on my non-MFP blog post) comparing my previous grilled cheese vs. my new grilled cheese.

My old grilled cheese dinner consisted of 2 grilled cheeses (2 pieces of cheese apiece), both sides of the bread slathered in butter, and on regular white bread. Then I had 2 helpings of chips at at least 160 calories apiece. I added this up to a 1000 calorie meal.

Now I eat 35 calorie bread with a single piece of cheese on each at 70 cal apiece and 0 cal butter spray = 140 cal apiece. That makes 380 for 2 sandwiches, or 520 for 3 (yeah, I said 3). Add 16 Pringles to that at 150 cal to 2 sandwiches and you have a meal at 530 calories. That, and as I explained to a friend earlier, your family will never know the difference! They taste no different than any other grilled cheese I ever had and they are delicious!

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    If you toast the bread you can cut it in half on the sides with a knife, it will then make two pieces of bread! Thin but good. :flowerforyou:
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try it.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    I can attest to how good these are I make the identical sandwiches it sounds like!
    So yummy like you said..thanks for sharing this info though, I never thought of it :ohwell:

I use the healthy life no sugar added bread (whole wheat of course) and the kraft 2% singles
    and parkay spray butter! Yum, Yum!!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    yummy :0) what bread do you use?
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    yeah, what bread??? sounds good, it's my fave sandwich...
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My wife suggested grilled cheese would be a good meal for our lifestyle change. I actually did a blog post (on my non-MFP blog post) comparing my previous grilled cheese vs. my new grilled cheese.

My old grilled cheese dinner consisted of 2 grilled cheeses (2 pieces of cheese apiece), both sides of the bread slathered in butter, and on regular white bread. Then I had 2 helpings of chips at at least 160 calories apiece. I added this up to a 1000 calorie meal.

Now I eat 35 calorie bread with a single piece of cheese on each at 70 cal apiece and 0 cal butter spray = 140 cal apiece. That makes 380 for 2 sandwiches, or 520 for 3 (yeah, I said 3). Add 16 Pringles to that at 150 cal to 2 sandwiches and you have a meal at 530 calories. That, and as I explained to a friend earlier, your family will never know the difference! They taste no different than any other grilled cheese I ever had and they are delicious!
    Sounds great! But I'd check your math -- I think you're logging extra calories :wink:
  • jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options

Sounds great! But I'd check your math -- I think you're logging extra calories :wink:

Ah my bad - I meant 280 calories for 2 sandwiches, 420 for 3! Good catch :)
  • jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    yeah, what bread??? sounds good, it's my fave sandwich...

Healthy Life white bread - 35 calories per slice!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    or if you get redonkulously hungry like me, you can put a bunch of tomato in there, and a couple strips of tofurkey (thats right, tofurkey) :D