New to this site! I am impressed!

Options
Hi ya'll! I am new to this site and so far I really like what I see! I read some of ya'lls posts and you are so warm and welcoming and full of good advice. I live in Virginia. I am needing to lose alot of weight. I am currently 390lbs which sounds bad but I have already lost 50 lbs. It is difficult for me as I am battling quite a few health problems but not going to dwell on them. I would need help for when I get tempted to eat things not good for me! That is my weak point! Sometimes when I watch commercials I get a monkey on my back to eat junk!! Help!! Thanks!

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 50 pounds lost, that's great!

Seems like you've already found a trigger fire craving, now all you need to do is rewire your brain a bit. Get up and stretch during commercials, walk around your house or yard for a few minutes, or use the time to complete a quick chore!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! I keep a crossword puzzle by my chair to work on during commercials. Good luck and add me for support if you want!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I like to knit instead of snack! Don't want my yarn to get dirty.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! 50 lbs gone is terrific! Switching to Netflix and Amazon was a great help to my whole family, because we literally have no commercials. I love it!! No sudden reminders that Big Macs exist, for example. And the kids don't have a clue what junk food is out there, so they don't ask for it. :)
  • AmandaGutridge7
    AmandaGutridge7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! That's great! I'm also from Virginia! Feel free to add me!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss. I'm sure you are Going to achieve your ultimate goal. Good luck