Any Keto lifestyle folks out there?

Options
If you're following a Keto lifestyle I would love to hear from you. Please friend me. I am just starting out & need lots of feed back!

Replies

• jennjensp25
    jennjensp25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm about to start this next week when finished reading up about it. Any advice you can offer?
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated and make sure to replenish electrolytes or else you will feel like death. Be mindful of you you're eating, some cheese has small amount of carbs or even bacon if you get the flavored kind so always check the nutritional information
  • hollyhappyhealthy
    hollyhappyhealthy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! Its really different for me. And I am feeling the affects of no sugar today!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The Low Carber Daily MFP group has a larger number of keto'ers there. They're a great place for info and support. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

• pelswick74
    pelswick74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started Keto two weeks ago! I've been doing my research and have been doing ok. I do crave my favorite carbs here and there....so I've found some low-carb recipes that have helped me. So far, I've lost 4 pounds! I've incorporated exercise and feel great! Tracking my Macros daily. I don't quite meet my daily protein. So working on that. Now I have to work on finishing my water for the day....that's a problem!
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What is Keto? You dont eat carbs?
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I have lost 91 lbs in a lil over 2 years with 30 more to go ...I am a keto'er for life ...feel free to add me
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    lost_work7 wrote: »

very low carbs ..high fat and moderate protein
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Do you primarily get your carbs from veggies? I assume you have to give up grains/fruit. How do you get your energy? I gave it up for about 3 weeks and I was pooped.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options

Do you primarily get your carbs from veggies? I assume you have to give up grains/fruit. How do you get your energy? I gave it up for about 3 weeks and I was pooped.

Some people get the majority of their carbs from veggies when they follow Keto / LCHF, others don't. The reason you were "pooped" was due to electrolyte imbalance (a common sympton of "Keto Flu" - not really a flu and easily avoidable simply by upping your salt/sodium intake every day to a minimum of 3000mg-5000mg). Many who try Keto /LCHF do tend to give up most grains and fruits; however, there are several variations of LC out there. Some allow smaller portions of fruit (usually berries of some kind). Other times, people tweak LC to fit what works for them and so some do still incorporate grains now and then, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that approach either.