Giving up

Options
Having a really hard time sticking to this diet. Strongly thinking about giving up.
I have been sticking to my calories and exercising at least 5 times a week and my weight loss has just stopped.
Help

Replies

• guccibody2017
    guccibody2017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Whats been going on are you getting enough rest at night
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? Are you eating more than 1200 calories per day? Is it TOM? What is the benefit of giving up?
  • hayb54
    hayb54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? Like guccibody2017 said, have you been getting enough rest? 5x a week must be tiring!! Make sure you're counting exactly what you're eating by the weight, that usually trips me up...guesstimating quantities. Saying your weight loss has stopped must mean you've lost some so why give up? Work out the kinks and carry on :)
  • kmk1447
    kmk1447 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hayb54 wrote: »
    How long have you been doing this? Like guccibody2017 said, have you been getting enough rest? 5x a week must be tiring!! Make sure you're counting exactly what you're eating by the weight, that usually trips me up...guesstimating quantities. Saying your weight loss has stopped must mean you've lost some so why give up? Work out the kinks and carry on :)

I'm getting enough sleep. Usually 7-8 hours a night. I've been doing it since January 1st. Down about 6 pounds the first few weeks then nothing. My husband has lost almost 40lbs in the same amount of time :/ just super frustrating
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kmk1447 wrote: »

I'm getting enough sleep. Usually 7-8 hours a night. I've been doing it since January 1st. Down about 6 pounds the first few weeks then nothing. My husband has lost almost 40lbs in the same amount of time :/ just super frustrating

6 lbs in a month is great progress. Read this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

Weight loss and fitness are lifetime pursuits. They are not matters of instant gratification. The truth is that most of us dug ourselves nice big holes over months and years of failing to take good care of our bodies. Expecting to turn that kind of neglect around in a few weeks is unreasonable.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

40 pounds in a month? This doesn't seem right or healthy. 6 pounds in a month sounds more reasonable. What kind of results were you expecting? You didn't gain it all in one month. Weight loss isn't linear. Have patience.
  • kmk1447
    kmk1447 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. That article helped!
  • elvacilonasso1
    elvacilonasso1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    whats up guys im also having some trouble,, i been hitting my macros and reaching 1500 calories a day, im on 40% carbs 30%protien and 30%fats and my weight wont seem to get past 207,, activity is working in a convienince store
  • elvacilonasso1
    elvacilonasso1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    im also about 5'10" 36 years old
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    If you only started in January, then its only been a few weeks. You won't see the same loss every week, even if you stick to the same diet and exercise every day. There are too many things going on in your body. Give it some time. Hubby probably had more to lose to begin with anyway.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    whats up guys im also having some trouble,, i been hitting my macros and reaching 1500 calories a day, im on 40% carbs 30%protien and 30%fats and my weight wont seem to get past 207,, activity is working in a convienince store

It would be better to start your own thread about this, rather than hijacking OP's thread.

That said, I think perhaps your logging is off.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Having a really hard time sticking to this diet. Strongly thinking about giving up.
    I have been sticking to my calories and exercising at least 5 times a week and my weight loss has just stopped.
    Help

First of all, you need to stop thinking of this as a diet. It is a lifestyle change. As you become more conscious of the calories you put IN by eating and drinking, and the calories you put OUT through exercise and other activity, you'll experience a gradual transformation through small adjustments.

The recommended "normal" weight loss is 1 lb per week, so your 6 lbs in 4 weeks means you're ahead of the game. Keep it up, and don't get discouraged.
  • dlinace
    dlinace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, hang in there!!
  • debbiedavis1965
    debbiedavis1965 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Please don't quit on yourself! Keep at it. You can do this. Add me we'll do it together!