Chocolate cravings

Options
ok so I get really really bad cravings for chocolate and sugary stuff. I did find a few things to help but want to know if anyone has any other suggestions. So far I have gotten the fiber 1 bars (coconut caramel and chocolate) they are like 130 calories also the oats and chocolate (140) and they have brownies (90 cal). Nature valley makes chocolate granola thin which is delicious (80calories). I work a lot so I may be away from my kitchen for 12 hours or more. When I do get a chance I love nutella and fresh strawberries. If you have any ideas on good foods I can try that are better and travel well please let me know

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein or Think Thin protein bars...more nutrition than say the Fiber 1 bars, plus you're getting a good amount of protein to hold you over until the next meal.
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Okay so I used to HATE dark chocolate but here is my advice. Buy some of those Ghiradelli 60% cocoa dark chocolate squares from a store. They come individually packed and one square is about 52 calories (a serving is 4 squares). When I reallllly want chocolate, I have one of these. They have such an intense taste it takes me a while to eat one and when I am done I don't want anymore. I would prefer milk chocolate any day, but the dark chocolate just makes my craving go away!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love the provamel soya dessrts, - they come in vanilla, milk chocolate, dark chocolate or caramel flavour. They are nicer cold, but dont need to be kept in a fridge. I eat mine with a small teaspoon which makes them last a long time. About 115 cals for the pot - a bit more sugar that I'd like, but it's a delicious treat.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    ON Double Chocolate Protein Powder seems to hold off my chocolate cravings. I have two servings a day (mixed with Silk Almond Milk).
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Oh and I am sure they aren't good for you, but Warm Delights 150 calories packs are awesome...I like the ones with caramel...

I save those for SPECIAL treats. :)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    2-3 squares of 70 % dark dipped in some pb. Soo good,satisfies my sweet tooth everytime.
  • Operachk19
    Operachk19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sometimes buy the Fudgsicle No Sugar Frozen Popsicles - only 40 calories. Probably loaded with aspertame and other stuff, but I figure it's still better then eating a Twix bar.
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I am a card carrying chocoholic so I feel your pain. Sometimes, I just have to break away from the organics. I've discovered that putting Hershey's Sugar-free chocolate syrup (1 tablespoon is 8 calories, 0 fat, 60 mg. sodium, 2.5 carbs) into a cup of 0% fat organic greek yogurt with some ground cinnamon and berries makes a good replica of an ice cream parfait or sundae. You can also add a sprinkling of granola or chopped nuts if you have the calories to do so!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Emerald's 100 calorie almond packs in Dark Chocolate flavor. I keep them in my purse for those "in case of emergencies."
  • ktmcqueen
    ktmcqueen Posts: 81
    Options
    Sweet Moments Chocolate Fudge Brownies. They are 60 calories a piece.
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    HANDS DOWN!!!!! Pure Protein Chocolate Delux protein bar! OMG! i have everyone hooked theyre AMAZING! lol.. and its like eating a chocolate bar! try it! ull love it! lol and 20g of protein, 180 calories and 2g of sugar, theyre the best things ever! works everytime! lol which is daily! haha
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    frozen hershey's kisses, all the way! takes my craving away.
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    In fact, I think I'll have one right now! :)
  • jamiec0221
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein or Think Thin protein bars...more nutrition than say the Fiber 1 bars, plus you're getting a good amount of protein to hold you over until the next meal.

She makes an excellent recommendation. The Think Thin Brownie protein bars are pretty tasty and satisfy my chocolate cravings. A little high on the calories (230), but they are gluten free and provide over 20g of protein. :)
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    HANDS DOWN!!!!! Pure Protein Chocolate Delux protein bar! OMG! i have everyone hooked theyre AMAZING! lol.. and its like eating a chocolate bar! try it! ull love it! lol and 20g of protein, 180 calories and 2g of sugar, theyre the best things ever! works everytime! lol which is daily! haha

I thought those have 270 calories?
  • AmyJo54915
    AmyJo54915 Posts: 103
    Options
    Special K protein bars give me my chocolate fix. I like the chocolate delight ones. They are 110 calories and absolutely delicious!
  • Lexiehsub76
    Options
    I like the Aldi brand fit active frozen chocolate fudge low fat ice cream bars they are only 100 cals, I also like the Nature Valley 100% Natural Granola Thins crispy squares with Dark Chocolate they are 80 cals and the Nature Valley Oats'n Dark Chocolate Granola bars they are 190 cals.
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options

ur prob buying the bigger bars, these are only 180, 50g bars...amazing! or just eat half a big one, ive done that too...
  • bearsfan2334
    bearsfan2334 Posts: 137
    Options
    What about those new Fiber One Brownies for 90 calories? Has anyone tried them yet? Are they any good?
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options

ur prob buying the bigger bars, these are only 180, 50g bars...amazing! or just eat half a big one, ive done that too...

ooh didnt realize there were smaller ones! Never tried them...they look SO good but couldn't bring myself to consume that much lol