Vegan and alcohol free advice!!! (Support)

Options
Hello my fellow lovelies each on their own fitness journey,

I am a 5'10", 28 year old female vegan from Australia and I'm wanting advice on the best tips for sticking to a well balanced diet along with not drinking alcohol for the month of Feb.

I was 80 kilos back in 2013 and I am now around 65 but I would like to be smaller and more toned. I am tired of yo-yoing up and down...and always feeling tired.

I think a lot of it is to do with the drinking and not getting enough sleep but it is also due to my diet so any tips or tricks would be much appreciated.

Also looking for other like minded vegan friends to support! Much love and light xoxoxo

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I can't help you on the vegan side, but I've just wrapped up a 'clean & dry January'. Not drinking made things very easy when it came to a deficit, considering a half liter of ale comes in around 200ish cals. Between the not drinking, the whole foods intake, the slight deficit, and the bump in activity, I feel waaaay better. Worked so well that I'm simply carrying on. The hardest part about being dry is the grumbling from your mates when you're hanging out, but not drinking. But, it does get entertaining when you stay sober and they don't. :smiley:

Best of luck!

ETA - At 5'10" and 65 kgs, sounds like you should be focusing more on lifting, etc., to get yourself the lean and toned look you're after, rather than dieting.