Sugar doesn't matter with macros?

Options
So I'm trying to calculate how much I need to eat but I don't see sugar calculations .

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Sugar falls under carbohydrates. So if/when you set a carb goal, you're also setting a sugar goal.

Does that answer your question?
  • goalsforever03
    goalsforever03 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    113 g of carbs a day seems a lot for me .. maybe in not getting the right amount?
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    It's not. My carbs are at 166g, and that's before any exercise calories (1330 cal). Are you used to eating low-carb?
    Plenty of good food - fruit, veg, whole grains - will use that allowance up quickly.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    113g is not alot at all.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    mstein5195 wrote: »
    113 g of carbs a day seems a lot for me .. maybe in not getting the right amount?

It's not... carbs/sugar have a bad stigma, but there is nothing inherently wrong with them, and can have several benefits.
  • goalsforever03
    Options
    Thank u everyone !!! I was just confused bc of carbs and sugar being together :)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

That's pretty low. I average around 200g a day. Nothing wrong with carbs :)
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    If you want to track sugar, you can change the listed items in your food diary, but they are part of the carbs macro. Everything is either protein, fat, or carb.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I have a medical issue that requires me to restrict carbs, but even I eat 100-150g per day.
  • goalsforever03
    Options
    And no I usually eat whatever . I stoped losing so I'm trying something new .
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Forget sugar. Watch carbs.

That said, it doesn't mean eat candy bars until you're out of carbs.

in a deficit its more important than ever go to with nutrient dense stuffs
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    And no I usually eat whatever. I stoped losing so I'm trying something new.

Tighten up your logging - make sure you are weighing and logging everything after you have checked that the information for each entry is correct.

And of course consider if losing weight has decreased your calorie need so that you're eating at maintenance for your new weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

113 grams of carbs is pretty much low carb...not keto, but low carb.