I need help to lose weight

Options
I am currently at 300 and want to lose 80 but it a struggle for me I need some push

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You need to think of this as a lifestyle change and embrace it. It goes on forever after you have re-trained yourself on quality foods and portion control. If you go at this as a "diet" you will end up right back where you started.
  • irenerhinehart617
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the group. My current weight is 208, my goal weight is 150-160. I'm staying within my calorie intake for the day, but just need the motivation to exercise, any suggestion?
  • jamierobinson12
    jamierobinson12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    May I ask what it is you're struggling with? Is it sticking to a 'diet'... Exercise or something else?... People don't need pushing when they enjoy what they're doing so what's putting you off?
  • SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the group. My current weight is 208, my goal weight is 150-160. I'm staying within my calorie intake for the day, but just need the motivation to exercise, any suggestion?

Find something you don't mind doing long term and start. Walking is always a good place to start or a maybe a workout video. I don't know how the weather is where you live but here in GA it feels great around 3-6 PM so maybe going outside for a walk while it's nice outside a few times a week could work well for you.

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love the quote "Losing Weight is Hard, Being Fat is Hard, Choose your Hard"
    I can tell you that I did not actually start losing until I looked at losing weight as a lifestyle change and not a diet I still eat all the things I have always ate (I had girl scout cookies for breakfast) but I just keep within my calorie budget. I have told my husband, kids, coworkers, parents, sister that I am doing this for myself by myself. Also what really helped me is I got a fitbit a year ago and it really showed how little I actually moved like 2-3 thousand a day. I upped my steps significantly because I don't exercise at all and I've lost over 40lbs
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Just start doing something. Walk around the block. Do a 10 minute YouTube video.....anything. When I started back exercising I was way out of shape. So I made a goal of 60 minutes per week (6x10, 4x15, 3x20). Then I would track that on a spreadsheet......you could write it on a calendar. Something to make yourself accountable.

After that starts becoming habit, add more time. Then add more time again.

Leslie Sansone has great low impact workouts.......https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

Check your local library for 10 Minute Solutions DVDs.....they are programmable so you can mix and match short workouts. Build your own.
  • bosskaren
    bosskaren Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Find something you like to do or you won't do it. And find a like-minded community that likes do to whatever it is you do. Friends who will encourage you to walk, run, go to bootcamp, whatever, will help make your decision to do it easier on the days you don't want to. The best decision I've ever made health-wise is walking into a Crossfit gym. You have coaches and people who care about you every day, and who will push you and encourage you.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    kksmom1789 wrote: »

Meh.

Being fat wasn't that hard. It wasn't healthy, but I never found it hard.
    Losing weight is hard. Worth it, but hard.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    When I started I was 324 pounds I am down to 300 so far. As far as motivation or a push what gets me going and keeps me going is the fact I don't want to be this way anymore. I'm tired of hurting so bad and breathing so hard and not being able to keep up with my 3 to niece. I have noticed a difference I can breathe easier than I did 20 pounds ago and I'm more active and best of all I'm noticing less pain!

Basically you should find your "why" as in why do you want to do this and for me atleast it helps. :)

Good luck you can do it!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    in the words of smokey the bear ...

only you can prevent forest fires.

and.... only you can motivate you. what we say is pointless. ive lost 80 pounds. i can tell you i look better, feel better, am more confident. I have more energy and care more about my life choices in general.

but that doesnt help you.

only you can motivate you. tired of being fat. DO something about it. If youre not willing to do something about it, youre not really tired of it at all .....
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

Meh.

it was hard for me I have a heart condition and have had so far 3 open heart surgeries so as a 5ft Woman and being 60+ pounds overweight it was very hard to breath and move around that's the reason I can't exercise because when my heart rate goes up I literally get sick
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I first started trying to lose, I was so out of shape that I could barely walk and I had a lot of pain, so I began with seated exercise routines I found on YouTube, such as the one I linked below. This was one of my favorites - 20 minutes from a group called Hasfit and they say it burns 200 calories. Doing this daily combined with some small changes in my diet such as StaciMarie1974 suggested gave me the push I needed to start slowly turning things around. I still use the seated exercise videos when my arthritis is flaring up. They are a great option when your mobility is limited:

https://youtu.be/azv8eJgoGLk

If you continue to have trouble adhering to a weight loss regimen, you might want to consider consulting with a bariatric physician. I don't mean for surgery. I finally went to see one and was diagnosed with binge eating disorder, for which there is medication (not diet pills), and it is helping me tremendously to further my weight loss.

In total, I'm down around 90 lbs. from where I first started and I never thought that I could do that in a million years. Weight loss only happened to other people, or so I thought. :-) But I am still working on it - it is a lifelong pursuit; it is my personal cross to bear; but it has not been without its lessons and rewards. Do you have any way to watch My 600 lb Life, by any chance? I find it very inspirational. All the episodes are on Amazon prime and the new season is going now - it comes on Wednesday nights on TLC (Tonight!) Please feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like. Wishing you all the best!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Meh.

it was hard for me I have a heart condition and have had so far 3 open heart surgeries so as a 5ft Woman and being 60+ pounds overweight it was very hard to breath and move around that's the reason I can't exercise because when my heart rate goes up I literally get sick

Ouch. Yeah, that's pretty rough. Had nothing like that, just out of breath going up a couple flights of stairs was the worst part for me. But that's just me.
  • simone212121
    simone212121 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your loving comment
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I get quite a lot of motivation just from reading through these forums and also watching fat-to-fit style TV shows like Secret Eaters, Supersize vs Superskinny and Fat Families (all of these are on YouTube).

Good luck! Struggling with motivation myself right now, at the moment I can't seem to stick to anything but I'm keeping to my only rule, which is LOG EVERYTHING. That way at least I won't gain. Hang in there! Motivation comes and goes, you'll figure it out in the end.