Superbowl

Options
So... Super bowl is coming up this Sunday. I am sure many don't care.. I really don't care too much but do enjoy the gathering of friends. Being in New England I am a Pats fan so that helps lol! Anyway, it's always the same at these parties... Wings, chips and dip, cheese and crackers, little (frozen) meatball and usually trays of stuffed shells and/or lasagna and there's usually a salad and a fruit bowl because my friends "Know how I like to eat" haha! I am a vegetarian and a clean eater and I follow a CRON nutrition plan, but I don't make it a big deal. I usually just bring a bunch of my own clean, healthy and macro-friendly foods, enough to share. Oddly enough it's the stuff that I bring along that gets eaten the quickest! This year I am bringing a large salad with every vegetable known to man and a bunch of steamed lemon-grass chicken and some avocados and I am making those cauliflower buffalo bites and thinking of making some sweet potato skins with home-made guacamole. Psssstttt.. I am good a substituting with many vegan products and no one knows the diff! :smile: I am also going to make a batch of black bean brownie bites so that I can have sweets that don't come from a Walmart Bakery!

Anyone else have anything they're making for Super Bowl Sunday?

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I'm frying chicken wings and making potato skins. :)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Haha! Are you sure you're not going to the same party I am? :smile:
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm preparing a queso dip and maybe some oreo truffle balls. Full fat, full delicious.

Football Sundays are my IDGAF days.
  • Rowan09
    Rowan09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about bringing this snack that I like: cucumber slices with red pepper hummus and black olives on top, sprinkled with feta.
    Easy, fancy looking, and hopefully won't break the calorie bank!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Veggie tray, meat and cheese tray, and brownies! Plus what everyone else brings...

gxzpfuhhpkmj.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My wife and I gave up hosting or going to super bowl gatherings about 4 years ago due to the fact that she and I tended to be the only one's interested in the actual game and everyone else was just there to party and it ruined the watching for us.

We go to town on wings a few occasions out of the year, and Superbowl is one of them...I bake them in the oven...I'll probably make a couple dozen to split between the two of us and probably a side salad.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    We will enjoy the game at home as usual because we're old and my husband can't ever stay awake to the end. We're having crab dip with chips and my husband is making jambalaya. I can't wait. He makes the best jambalaya! And beer, of course.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    We will enjoy the game at home as usual because we're old and my husband can't ever stay awake to the end. We're having crab dip with chips and my husband is making jambalaya. I can't wait. He makes the best jambalaya! And beer, of course.

Oooh, jambalaya!!! YUM!
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will be watching the game at home together, and enjoying crispy oven fried chicken wings, celery stuffed with a buffalo chicken mix, and some other goodies that I haven't figured out yet. I am sure there will be some kind of not so good small goodie for both of us. Go Pats!!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Wants an invitation lol
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yep--oven roasted wings, the ubiquitous carrot and celery tray...and beer. Lots of beer.

Go Falcons!! ;)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Smoked something, not sure yet, baked potato salad with egg, tortilla chips and homemade guacamole and beer. Lots of beer. Who's in the Super Bowl this year? My team didn't win and I'm a sore loser!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Smoked something, not sure yet, baked potato salad with egg, tortilla chips and homemade guacamole and beer. Lots of beer. Who's in the Super Bowl this year? My team didn't win and I'm a sore loser!

Da Cheaters and the Falcons! LOL (Says the woman whose team isn't playing, either...)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Da Cheaters and the Falcons! LOL (Says the woman whose team isn't playing, either...)

Well boo!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,265 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

We go to town on wings a few occasions out of the year, and Superbowl is one of them...I bake them in the oven...I'll probably make a couple dozen to split between the two of us and probably a side salad.

Do you have a recipe, wolfman? My DH always says that the baked ones aren't crispy enough. For me, they're plenty crispy, considering how many more I can eat than fried...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Buttermilk soaked buffalo wings
    Pulled pork sliders
    BBQ Bacon cheeseburger meatballs
    Chips/homemade guac/homemade pico
    popcorn
    regular potato chips with homemade Greek Yogurt ranch dip
    Baked macaroni and cheese
    Pot of chili with cornbread poppers
    Sausages and Hot dogs
    Baby back ribs
    Philly cheesesteak sliders
    Baked ziti

We are doing a tequila punchbowl style drink in red (for the Falcons) and a vodka style punchbowl drink in blue for the Patriots.
    Plenty of beer (of course)

Dessert will be cupcakes decorated in red and blue, cheesecake from scratch and the tears of Patriot fans after the Falcons win. :laugh:
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Pulled pork sliders
    popcorn
    Sausages and Hot dogs
    Baby back ribs
    Baked ziti

We are doing a tequila punchbowl style drink in red (for the Falcons) and a vodka style punchbowl drink in blue for the Patriots.

Dessert will be cupcakes decorated in red and blue, cheesecake from scratch and the tears of Patriot fans after the Falcons win. :laugh:

I'm on my way! (I'm rooting for the Falcons, too, as it's my son's fav team.)

BTW, that baby keeps getting cuter!!!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    My spouse is going to be on a business trip, and we're homebodies, so it'll just be me and the kids. Homemade pizza, wings, chips & dips, and ice cream sandwiches. And a coupla beers for me.

Go, sportsball!
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Do you have a recipe, wolfman? My DH always says that the baked ones aren't crispy enough. For me, they're plenty crispy, considering how many more I can eat than fried...

http://benandbirdy.blogspot.com/2014/01/chicken-wing-magic.html?m=1

I use this one myself...the Best!!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork sliders
    popcorn
    Sausages and Hot dogs
    Baby back ribs
    Baked ziti

I'm on my way! (I'm rooting for the Falcons, too, as it's my son's fav team.)

BTW, that baby keeps getting cuter!!!

Thanks. <3