MACROS!

Options
I am fairly new to the world of counting Macros. I would love to hear individual stats and Macros. Looking for ideas and would love to see what works for different ppl.

I am 5'6'' 118lb. 18K steps per day average. Weigh lifting 4-5x per week.

Currently doing:

2100 Cal
226g Carbs
158g Protein
63g Fat

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Speaking very generally, recommended macros should be viewed as a range, not as specific numbers. Where any one person falls within that range can vary based on goals, preferences, etc.

Here is the cheat sheet I keep for myself. I tend to get bogged down in the finer details that don't really matter all that much, so this is a helpful reminder for me. It tells me 2 things: (1) what my range is for each macro, and (2) what my min/max cals are for cutting and bulking. You can use the same recommendations, but use your own weight/body fat to figure out your ranges, then use your goals/preferences to decide where in those ranges you want to be.

xb6q5whlnvls.jpg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of protein and little fat for a woman.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

This.
  • stepgirl1227
    stepgirl1227 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Maintain weight. Change body composition to more lean muscle and a bit less fat. Also just want to be overall healthy and stronger. I find when I'm counting macros that I have much more accountability for what I consume
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Maintain weight. Change body composition to more lean muscle and a bit less fat. Also just want to be overall healthy and stronger. I find when I'm counting macros that I have much more accountability for what I consume

I would also think both the protein is high and the fat low. Why did you pick what you picked?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Fat doesn't make you fat.

What lifting programme are you running?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3" amd 151, but my diary is open if you want to take a look - I avg between 1900 and 2300 cals a day

125g protein; 55-75g fat and the rest carbs