The big 21.

Options
2»

Replies

• RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I live in a big city and the majority of my social functions involve alcohol which doesn't bother me at all. I fairly often will do happy hours, birthdays and other events at bars. I have been able to lose 45 pounds all while drinking, just in moderation (a drink or two... or three a night in those events) and use water as a filler to not get drunk hungry.

That being said, it is your 21st birthday and people will be buying you drinks and shots and you should expect to get drunk and eat late at night. Have fun! One day will not deter you, just don't make a habit of it. 21 is still when hangovers aren't that bad. ;)

But otherwise I drink vodka/soda water as I can sip those for a while and pace myself better. Or red wine as it stains my teeth and I really then have to pace that out to not get red wine mouth! Also, those drinks tend to be more expensive than beer so it keeps me in budget by only having a few.

Have fun and as other posters have said, please make sure you have someone who will stay responsible so you and your friends get home safe!
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I gained alot of weight at that age but I wasnt watching it at that time. I think you'll be fine because you have a goal in mind already! :)
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you find that you can't stay away from it just have one day a week or one day a month where you just do it. Better than cutting it out and binging regularly.