Fat and clueless

I've been fat my whole life but I'm now sick of being 17 stone. I've joined the gym and I want to start eating clean. If anyone could help me with tips (both for gym and eating) I would honestly appreciate it. Thank you x

Replies

• wkjohnson13
    wkjohnson13 Posts: 6 Member
    So my 2 cents are this-joining the gym and working out is very important and good for you but if your goal is to lose weight it's about all about eating fewer calories than you burn. Get a food scale, this is very important so you can understand exactly how much you are consuming at first anything else will be a lowball guess at best. Also for me it helps to LOG ANYTHING I EAT. Sometimes when you pig out it sucks to log it but do it anyways.

Next you need to figure out how much you should consume to lose. Nothing is exact so figure out what your TDEE is, just google this, there are plenty of calculators on the internet that get you pretty close. Then aim for about 500 calories per day lower than this.

Check the scale a few times a week and after 2 weeks if you're not losing or staying the same adjust your calories down by about 100-200 day and check again in a week.

If you're losing more than about 2 or 3 pounds a week add more calories till you figure out what you need to lose a consistent 1-3 pounds a week.

Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you'd like more details or have questions. This method has worked for me to consistently lose weight and not feel like I'm trapped in a diet. I eat anything I want as long as it fits in my calories for the day. If you work out you can adjust your calories up but I typically don't do this myself.
  • katiepoo22
    katiepoo22 Posts: 58 Member
    The gym is great for making sure you don't get saggy skin and the skin keeps its elasticity I think it's important particularly if you want to lose a lot of weight like I do don't go hungry that's really a great tip!! Just snack on the right things like fruit veg healthy cereal and bars portion control is important as well maybe get a smaller bowl or plate like I did everything will come together just keep going !!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    So my 2 cents are this-joining the gym and working out is very important and good for you but if your goal is to lose weight it's about all about eating fewer calories than you burn. Get a food scale, this is very important so you can understand exactly how much you are consuming at first anything else will be a lowball guess at best. Also for me it helps to LOG ANYTHING I EAT. Sometimes when you pig out it sucks to log it but do it anyways.

Next you need to figure out how much you should consume to lose. Nothing is exact so figure out what your TDEE is, just google this, there are plenty of calculators on the internet that get you pretty close. Then aim for about 500 calories per day lower than this.

Check the scale a few times a week and after 2 weeks if you're not losing or staying the same adjust your calories down by about 100-200 day and check again in a week.

If you're losing more than about 2 or 3 pounds a week add more calories till you figure out what you need to lose a consistent 1-3 pounds a week.

Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you'd like more details or have questions. This method has worked for me to consistently lose weight and not feel like I'm trapped in a diet. I eat anything I want as long as it fits in my calories for the day. If you work out you can adjust your calories up but I typically don't do this myself.

Agreed!! Feel free to add me as a friend as well.