What's your favorite Halo Top flavor?

Options
If you eat Halo Top, what flavors do you recommend the most?

I first tried lemon and liked it. Didn't really like the chocolate so much, or cookie dough. But I just tried sea salt caramel and I absolutely loved it! I'm glad I finally found one I really like - they're too expensive to keep doing trial and error. So, what flavors do you love, or think I might like based on the fact that I enjoyed the caramel one the most?

Replies

• axlmia
    axlmia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently gave the brand a shot. I tried Oatmeal Cookie and Birthday Cake. I liked them both! I want to try Cookie Dough next, hopefully it won't be a waste of 6 dollars haha
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Sea Salt Caramel for me too.
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cup seems to be the most universally liked - that and chocolate are my favorites!
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    axlmia wrote: »
    I recently gave the brand a shot. I tried Oatmeal Cookie and Birthday Cake. I liked them both! I want to try Cookie Dough next, hopefully it won't be a waste of 6 dollars haha

Ah thanks! Well I didn't hate it, but I guess since I'm not a huge fan of vanilla ice cream I should have expected not to like the cookie dough as much. The little cookie dough bits and chocolate chips are delicious but small.
  • jen_092
    Options
    krwjohnson wrote: »
    Peanut butter cup is the best one I've had. I just ate a pint of oatmeal cookie and the ice cream was good but it had Iike raw flat oats in it. That part was not great.

Thanks! I'd probably like peanut butter cup.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Boo...stores around here only have vanilla
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Mocha Chip my favorite.

Chocolate Almond tasted like strong almond extract. So no.

Caramel Sea Salt was good but tastes just like butter pecan and I kept hoping for pecan pieces. I might mix some in next time.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Mint chip is my favorite but I haven't tried all the new flavors.

On the cost front, if you have a Kroger that carries it it's $2 cheaper a pint than Whole Foods and they put it on sale frequently
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cookie, birthday cake, mint chip, lemon, and vanilla are my most favorite. I also like pistachio, black cherry, and chocolate but not as much as the others. I really want to try peanut butter cup and the sea salt caramel but my store doesn't carry it.
  • jen_092
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    Mint chip is my favorite but I haven't tried all the new flavors.

On the cost front, if you have a Kroger that carries it it's $2 cheaper a pint than Whole Foods and they put it on sale frequently

Thanks! I've been seeing all the flavors at a local health food store down the street from me, so I view it as convenience at a cost. They have a sale flier I should subscribe to asap now that I discovered I can eat a pint in one sitting no problem lol! Looks like there are no Krogers in the northeast :(
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cup is incredible, the only time I have eaten the whole pint in one sitting :)
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm Canadian so I don't get any :s
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Mint chip is pretty amazing. Thr others struck me as kind of meh. Then again, as an admitted mint junky, I may be biased.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mint chip is heaven
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up between oatmeal with lite chocolate syrup and the peanut butter cup. I do warm the pint up for about 45 seconds in the microwave. Red velvet comes in third. I eat one most nights and sometimes two if I had a long run that day. Hopefully the prices will come down soon.
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'd never heard of it, but now I'll have to give it a shot. Lots of local stores carry it according to the "where to find it" section.

I usually judge the abilities of the ice cream maker on how vanilla tastes. So is the vanilla any good? Or do you need the flavors?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    They're on sale at Shop Rite this week here... Going to go back and stock up.

My caramel pint had a weird aftertaste unfortunately (it's happened a couple times for me) so I'd say peanut butter chocolate. But honestly, apart from those weird two pints (one was vanilla), I haven't found one I don't like yet. Red velvet and birthday cake are up there too.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I live on a tiny base in Germany, and we just got it here last week. I tried it for the first time yesterday and fell in love - and that's coming from someone who cannot handle substitutes for real deliciousness. And I only got vanilla, not my choice ever, and I still really liked it. If I'm lucky I'll get to try the birthday cake flavor soon.
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I tried Peanut Butter Cup recently and really liked it! Halo Top was on sale at Kroger for $4.49, so I bought another one. I also like Birthday Cake. I think some of the Halo Top flavors are a good substitute for the real thing.