First Week and I gained.... losing motivation!

2»

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    She already rage-quit. Deleted.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    serindipte wrote: »
    She already rage-quit. Deleted.

Impressive. Pretty sure that's not a record, but I bet it's close!
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    edited February 2017
    I understand your frustration. But I think it would help you to re-set your thinking about this journey. You didn't put the weight on in 1 week or 1 month. You will not lose it that quickly. And that is OK.
    The reason that you are getting negativity is that many of these people have struggled like you. They have had weeks where they don't see the progress they are wanting, but they move forward and that is essentially what they are telling you to do. You cant give up. That is all they are trying to tell you. You cant expect that you will see results right away, you need to be patient with the process, and it is hard to do.
    Make sure that you set your daily calorie goal to a realistic number. To lose weight you need to be at a deficit. So whether through simple caloric restriction or extra calories burned a day you need to reach your goal. You will give in to temptations, we all do. But don't let one failure ruin your journey. Be honest about what you are eating and log as accurately as you can. Set small goals like losing 5-10 pounds this month.
    There is a monthly challenge that I have joined the last few months that has been helpful to get me to lose 11 pounds. February's just started today and I think it would be good for you. Give it a shot :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118645-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2017

You CAN do this.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Oh dear :( I didn't see any judgement. Just good information.
  • It's all about balance and having some faith in the process. It starts in your mind. Every little decision that you make that will help you towards your goal is an accomplishment. I just recently started my weight loss journey over and it wasn't until I could get my mind right that I began to feel better. I am 26, HW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 145 Please, please don't let some negative comments turn you away. There are people on here willing to positively support you through this. This journey is a far too important one to give up. You have to believe that there is nothing more important than your health. Every single aspect of your life starts with and depends on your health. I PROMISE with some will power and dedication you CAN do this. Oh, and stay off the scale for awhile! Being patient is one of the hardest parts about this journey but that's where the faith in the process kicks in.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    if I didn't know an better I would have thought I wrote this. that's the exact same problem I have. I got on the scale one day and it said I lost 5lbs then a few days later I was up 5 and im like screw it. whats the point in doing this if my hard work isn't going to pay off but being impatient doesn't help a thing and my stupid scale....well I put that thing away. I don't need a scale to tell me if im losing weight. I can tell by the way my clothes fit, see it in my face and taking pictures will also help you to see it. Sometimes you don't always lose weight but you lose inches. Im still learning and everyday is a constant struggle for me but don't give up. You can do this!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I'm 25 years old
    Starting weight: 216.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 217.6 lbs
    Goal Weight: 154 lbs

1.2 pounds up and you're ready to quit? I mean, that could be the result of not pooping before you weigh yourself. Or drinking some water before you step on the scale. Or wearing different clothes if you don't weigh yourself naked.

What results are you expecting? Like, what do you think is a reasonable loss every week?

you were a little rude to her. its not really what you say but how you say it. some people are sensitive to certain things and I was the same way but now ive grown thicker skin to judgmental people who think they know it all. I assume youre one of them. next time be a little more considerate