How much do you like tea?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Typically I stick to mint now, it's the only kind that doesn't make me nauseous and hungry, for some odd reason. If I drink at meal time though, I'll have green tea or something.
    Tea is the only thing I really like mint in.

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm English tea flows in my veins ;) lol. I like Roobus tea or English breakfast.

Me too, but I think I must be adopted because I hate tea. Now coffee on the other hand.....
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    I love tea so much that this is my tea cupboard:

qh0xq5q6uwiy.jpg

(Actually, there's more tea in there now and it's a bit messier, as that photo's from when it was first organised, lol.)

My favourite is Earl Grey, and I own pretty much every variation readily available to me. (Including ThinkGeek's "Tea. Eary Grey. Hot", Harrod's "Flowery Earl Grey", and a variety of Rooibis, green, white, and oolong versions.) I have a fair number of herbal, pu'erh, white, black, green, and oolong teas, but I have admitted over time that black is my most favourite. I have a nice Irish Breakfast from David's Tea that I've been really enjoying recently. I usually do loose leaf tea but also use tea bags sometimes. I've also discovered that I like matcha more than I like green tea, so I've been doing that more often too.

I would still drink tea as often as @smotheredincheese does if I wasn't worried that I'd overdose in caffeine (since I'm not really all that fond of the herbals and caffeine-free options.) These days, I usually have 2 mugs per day on week days (or I'm supposed to switch to caffeine-free after that) and 3-4 per day on weekends. 90% of my beverage intake is tea or water. Thankfully, I've never taken sweetener in my tea, and I only do a splash of skim milk, so I don't have to worry much about added calories.
    tea.JPG 709.7K
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I drink close to a gallon of Bigelow peach iced tea almost every day.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Not a fan of black tea, but I don't mind green tea if it's brewed right. I also drink some of the herbals like lemon and ginger etc, but the ones I like don't actually contain any tea - so I think they would be herbal infusions rather that tea. Kava isn't tea either, it's made from a root pounded up and infused, no tea leaves there.

Correct. Kava contains no tea leaves and neither do most herbal teas. But most people still refer to them as tea.
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lipton citrus tea
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like Red Rose Tea the best for everyday use because each box comes with a little figurine. It's like the prize in a cereal box but for grown ups!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Wanted to add that I also really love roasted barley tea (we call it mugicha in Japanese). It's caffeine free and tastes nutty. Iced mugicha is very popular during the summer in Japan, as many find it to be more refreshing than plain water. I drink a ton of it during the hot LA summers and it really does seem more refreshing to me. It's also really great when brewed hot.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea. Specifically in winter
    Favourites are: green tea, green tea lemon, green tea ginger, chamomile, herbal blend containing star anise (we call it sterrenmix), gunpowder green tea, simple English breakfast
    So you could say I love my green tea.
    And I love in spring and summer fresh lemon verbena and sage.

Not a fan of rooibos and I personally am no fan of flavoured fruit teas
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups a day. I'm all about the oolong tea and Barry's gold blend tea. I am an american but I picked up the taste for gold blend on a visit to Ireland. It is so good!

I also enjoy peppermint, dandelion, and chamomile. MMM.. gonna go make me a cup right now!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I hate black & green teas for the flavor. When I drink it, it's herbal, usually peppermint or chamomile, but I've enjoyed black cherry and some jasmine tea as well.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    fitphoenix wrote: »
    I love tea so much that this is my tea cupboard:

qh0xq5q6uwiy.jpg

Nice Tardis.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ginger and turmeric is a current fav.

Ginger,
    licorice,
    pepperment

"chai"

green tea latte
    earl grey latte

passion tea
    camomille

YUM
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Don't like any hot beverages lol
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I used to love Yorkshire Gold, but my migraines do better without caffeine, so no more of that for me.

I drink decaf English Breakfast now. I also have a nice collection of various herbal teas, one of which is a pretty tasty decaf green tea (which is weird because I don't like plain green tea) blended with chamomile and mint along with some other things. I tried Celestial Season's Candy Cane lane and loved it, so I was looking for something to fill the void finishing the box left in my life. I'm not a fan of plain mint tea.

I wish I could have the barley tea CafeRacer mentioned. I had it ages ago and loved it, but it's a no-no for me now. (I have celiac disease).
  • PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    English tea lover.
    PG Tips or Tetley.
    Skimmed milk. No sugar.
    Devine!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hot green mint tea...I usually just buy the Bigelow brand
  • Bubbelss
    Bubbelss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love tea! Usually drink 3-4 cups a day.
    Enjoy fruit tea mostly. Red fruit, forest fruit, goji, jasmin and orange blossom,...
    Mmmm.. I want tea now haha!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    At night I have chamomile but in the morning I usually have chai or irish breakfast.
  • kikibelle86
    kikibelle86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love love love love tea! I've gotten into loose leaf teas lately and making my own with herbs from mountain rose herbs or davids tea. I usually drink it alone or with Manuka honey