Motivated women over 40 Group

Options
COTAgal
COTAgal Posts: 9 Member
If you are ready to regain your body or have already started and looking for a group to keep you on track, add me and join my blog.

How are you doing, what do you need?

Replies

• BrendyJean
    BrendyJean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a lot...Like 60 pounds but first I need to lose 5, then 10. I cannot figure out how to change my weight on the app though.
  • annetrout
    annetrout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm switching over from Weight Watchers and everything seems new and confusing to me! I'd like to be a part of this group!
  • MikiBellah68
    MikiBellah68 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Go to your profile, click on the pencil to edit profile, scroll all the way down to where it says update your weight/ goals/etc.
  • COTAgal
    Options
    Hey BrendyJean, that was a good insight-- being able to recognize a long term goal is best achieved by first breaking it down into smaller tasks. What are you doing to achieve the loss of 5 pounds and how much time did you give your self to achieve it?
  • faithrainbow1
    faithrainbow1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm ready to join! I'm down about 8 lbs, about 30 more to go.
  • faithrainbow1
    faithrainbow1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do I send you a "friend" request, or do you start a group? How does it work?
  • Dopie2
    Dopie2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have just started a LCHP diet. I have about 25lbs to lose and need motivation :)
  • mycoffeeinbed
    mycoffeeinbed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Getting my run body back in shape from the holidays. Starting using a 8 week program called "Thrive" totally amazing! It has helped my energy and has been real game changer for me. Back on the run path and working out without feeling burnout!! Feel free to add me, turning 42 Friday, feeling awesome!
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    annetrout wrote: »
    Hello! I'm switching over from Weight Watchers and everything seems new and confusing to me! I'd like to be a part of this group!

I also did Weight Watchers and lost all the weight and then some .... but with financial restraints and not wanting to go to the meetings (that really did help) - I am trying MFP. My husband lost weight and it's free without meetings. It's easy to follow, I think easier than WW. The biggest part is tracking EVERYTHING. I weigh, measure and count everything. Even gum and a packet of sugar for my tea. Good Luck! I'm here to help if I can :)
  • pasandoval
    pasandoval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Healthy, great-looking 40+ women are B) !
  • addyw2014
    addyw2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP but I am new to using it as my main weight loss tool. I am trying the Day Off Diet from Dr Oz and it seems to be working for me so far...lost 6 lbs in 10 days. I have 44 to go though. Looking for support from others over 40
  • hlblakeley
    hlblakeley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and looking to loose about 100 lbs total. I have used weight watchers online in the past and know that for me to lose weight the key is keeping track of everything I eat, so I made the switch to MFP! I am looking to connect with others that are in my age range, since lack of accountability is a big reason I put weight back on. I'd love to connect with some of you.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I only have about 10 - 15 lbs to lose and just want to fine tune some areas. Been on MFP since 2013 but have changed my approach in the past couple years.
  • kapirch
    kapirch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am struggling. I gained 5lbs over Christmas (1 Week) and have lost 1 lb in January. I feel like I am working hard but not making much progress. I am a runner in the Spring and Fall but I don't do much running in the winter. I do walk my dog everyday. I had some health issues in 2013 and the treatment sent me into menopause. It is so hard to lose weight. I am starting with 8 lbs. Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I just wanted to share this small victory I had this week, my co-worker brought 4 lbs. of fudge into work and I did not eat any!!
  • COTAgal
    Options
    Kapirch, good job! Yea, menopause is a slowcooker. Great idea starting with a doable goal. I love MFP because I can easily scan ANYthing I eat. I have the widget on my phone making it right before my eyes. I have also found drinking ACV with the mother and a little honey helps with my feeling full, curbs sugar cravings and boosts my energy. *ACV=apple cider vinegar
    Happysherri, Congrats.
    Addyw2014, mycoffeeinbed, faithrainbow1 I'm sending you a quick invite to the group
  • kristykdavis1961
    Options
    I am new here. How do I join the group?
  • srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ok I am in ! 47 and have lost 26 going towards an ultimate loss of 100.. Been on MFP for almost a month..Mom of three, middle school teacher...let's do this
  • peggymclinn
    peggymclinn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hlblakeley wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 42 and looking to loose about 100 lbs total. I have used weight watchers online in the past and know that for me to lose weight the key is keeping track of everything I eat, so I made the switch to MFP! I am looking to connect with others that are in my age range, since lack of accountability is a big reason I put weight back on. I'd love to connect with some of you.

This is me, except 43 LOL, if you want to 'friend' me so we can keep each other accountable feel free!
  • peggymclinn
    peggymclinn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I want to join the group as well
  • kbbrandt775
    kbbrandt775 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and hoping to lose about 35 pounds and gain strength. Stay at home mom of two. New to MFP and have spent too many years trying different eating plans, only to either gain weight, or quit due to frustration. My biggest problem is that I rarely ever feel hungry, so trying to eat my minimum calories is a challenge, but I'm going to stick it out. :smile: I'd love to be part of the group!