Fitbit question!

Options
I have never been clear on this so I thought I would ask here.

My Fitbit is synced to MFP so my steps are calculated in automaticallly.

But if I go to the gym and work out on the treadmill or elliptical, do I put that in as well?? Would that be double logging the same exercise?

Replies

• tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can, but you will log with a start and end time and fitbit will overwrite their data with your entry for that time period. Honestly I don't manually enter any exercise and it has worked out fine. If you want to track exercise via MFP go ahead but as always be skeptical of calorie burns listed on elipticals or treadmills.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    After many problems with the linked calorie estimates from Fitbit, I decided to unlink and do manual entry with a little bit of thought. I would use the fitbit (or phone app) to estimate a very active day (such as hiking or yardwork) but use MFP and/or machine estimates the rest of the time. Fitbit seems to give you calories for everything, even driving.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I don't get steps while driving. In fact, I get a very inaccurate count with pushing my baby in the stroller. I have to put my Fitbit in my pocket or clip it to my bra strap to get an accurate step count while out with the stroller.
  • warrior_goddess
    warrior_goddess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My FitBit is synced, but it doesn't link my exercise to my MFP account. I find my FitBit to be accurate. I wear mine around my wrist and loose enough to stick one finger between my wrist and the FitBit.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit and find the TDEE it estimates for me to be very accurate based on my weight loss results so far. I don't log any of my workouts in MFP, I let Fitbit sync to it. I do track my exercises on my fitbit when I start and stop them to get an idea of calorie burn, heart rate and time.