new to my fitness pal

Options
Hi Everyone. I am a 32 yr old female. I am overweight. I used to be a size 4 when I met my husband and now, I am a size14.... No matter what I am not loosing any weight so maybe this support system with help me out with any tips or pointers. I have a lack of motivation for exercise... I have reached a point where I have to take control of my life to be happy and healthy. :)

Replies

• map1972
    map1972 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site for what you are looking for. Although I have exercised in the past, I haven't as much now. It will take a while, but if you are patient, you will lose weight. Too many people want to lose weight now and don't want to take the effort to make it last.

Good luck!
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I have never been a size four, but I was about thirty pounds thinner when I met my husband. Eight moves, two states, and two kids later, I am so unhappy with my size and weight I feel sad every day. I have only been on here a month, but logging my food and seeing what I am putting into my boy had helped me a lot. I want to be able to go to the store and shop in a normal size section. Plus size is just not okay with me anymore. I have to loose this weight and thanks to MFP and friends I am doing it. One month (on the 21st) and five pounds down! Friends me if you would like!
  • AshleyNRi
    AshleyNRi Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome!! I just have to keep telling myself, I didn't gain it overnight, so I'm not going to loose it overnight!!

MFP is a gret support system :) Good luck to you on your journey.
  • frozenmom08
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! It is always hard to take that first step to exercising on a regular basis. You will learn to love it and the endorphins that it gives you! Can you go to the gym or do you have to do it at home?? Hang in there... because if you are at all like me... being uncomfortable in my own skin is not good for me mentally.