For the guys on MFP: is this his way of jokingly flirting or just chit chat

Options
124»

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, OP, I was just in a similar situation. My male coworker kept asking me how my day was and casually mentioning the weather but it made me super uncomfortable. I went to my district manager who didn't think my concern was an overreaction at all and I am in the process of getting a restraining order. Good luck and carry pepper spray!!*

*Disclose to your workplace you have it on you and I'm sure it will be ok to use if necessary.

Is there more to this story because asking how was your day and casually mentioning the weather is chit chat, not harassment. From the way you wrote it, it does sound like over-reacting.

See above... still think I'm overreacting?! That was very rude and judgmental of you to say without knowing me or my struggles.

Its coming into focus... I was on the fence with this one... I was confused, you didn't seem the type that guys like. I get it now though.

She's the most beautiful woman I've ever met
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, OP, I was just in a similar situation. My male coworker kept asking me how my day was and casually mentioning the weather but it made me super uncomfortable. I went to my district manager who didn't think my concern was an overreaction at all and I am in the process of getting a restraining order. Good luck and carry pepper spray!!*

*Disclose to your workplace you have it on you and I'm sure it will be ok to use if necessary.

Is there more to this story because asking how was your day and casually mentioning the weather is chit chat, not harassment. From the way you wrote it, it does sound like over-reacting.

See above... still think I'm overreacting?! That was very rude and judgmental of you to say without knowing me or my struggles.

Its coming into focus... I was on the fence with this one... I was confused, you didn't seem the type that guys like. I get it now though.

What does that even mean?

Clearly she's
    26uf0c8pLOsOi1AaI.gif

But more importantly, she has boobs.

Wait one second.... @_riddikulus_ is a woman? I totally support transgender rights.
  • Escloflowne
    Options

Clearly she's
    26uf0c8pLOsOi1AaI.gif

Wait one second.... @_riddikulus_ is a woman? I totally support transgender rights.

Where do you live?
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    Never mind, I'll find it myself
  • dniania
    dniania Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    Please don't threaten to shoot your coworker for flirting with you poorly ... I agree with JohnnyPenso. Seems the most sane and reasonable thing to do. He isn't stalking you. He's trying to see if you're interested, though awkwardly.

I won't lol
  • dniania
    Options
    latest?cb=20100116202642

I have a boyfriend please step away you have 10 seconds to comply

Lol cute
  • _riddikulus_
    _riddikulus_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I feel both violated and flattered all at once...
  • dniania
    Options
    I feel both violated and flattered all at once...

Violated?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    James is attempting to seize ownership and control of you. It is NOT flirting. It is NOT chit-chat. It is life and death dangerous.

Thank God they're not at the gym too.
  • bob108819
    bob108819 Posts: 267 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    attraction.JPG
    Rules of Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace
  • dniania
    Options
    bob108819 wrote: »
    attraction.JPG
    Rules of Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace

:D

Clearly she's
    26uf0c8pLOsOi1AaI.gif

• Commando35
    Commando35 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Probably jokingly flirting in a chit chat way.....same for the women too
  • dniania
    Options
    Commando35 wrote: »
    Probably jokingly flirting in a chit chat way.....same for the women too

Thanks for answering!