5 ft 1. Need motivational pics

Options
2»

Replies

• ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread. I am 40 :s:s:s and struggling with emotional eating and a busy life. Anyone near my age pls send me a FR (with a line explaining where you find me). Thank you xxxx
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm not quite as short at 5'3" but I wanted to add that most average height/average build people don't understand the difference being fun sized makes. It's not just weight its composition and sometimes less waist definition and less leg length makes a small person uncomfortable and feel bigger. The general low end healthy weight is 100 lbs for 5ft tall and for every inch over 5 feet you add 5 lbs. So 115 is probably my lowest at 5'3". That seems crazy to someone taller but if you look up celebrity stats average for people like Michelle Rodriquez or Sophia Bush is 5'5" and 125lbs which fits that model perfectly and most of those ladies look good! Not to skinny but plenty of slim waist and curves!
    For reference I started
    SW 175lbs
    CW 130lbs maintaining over a year!
    GW somewhere around 120 but I'm super happy at 130! At 140 I start feeling pudgy, lol.

Good luck to everyone!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I don't have any "befores" but you can see some "afters" in my profile. I started around 150lb, size 10. I am now a 0-2.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    While I am at 5'3", I was at 144 lbs at one point and got as far down as 130 and stayed there for a while and couldn't get much lower with the exercising that I was doing and what I was eating while tracking calories. After being at that weight for so long, I changed what I ate to be mostly whole foods, so whole grain toast or pasta, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats etc. I stay away from processed foods most of the time. I do still have a dark chocolate square on a nightly basis to take care of my chocolate craving. I generally do not drink alcohol unless it is a social occasion. By eating in this way I was able to lose that extra 10 pounds. I don't feel that I am missing anything from a food perspective. Now I am at 120 lbs plus or minus a couple of pounds on a consistent basis and am pretty happy with that. I've been maintaining since February with my highest since then being about 124 lbs around the holidays. Imbibed in more processed foods during this time.

Hope you are able to find what works for your! Good luck!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for sharing your stories! Hopefully one day I will be back to post my own.
  • frajerica
    frajerica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My friend is loosing weight, she is 5'2'' and was 205lbs when she started loosing weight. Now she is 173 lbs. There is a video on YouTube where she describes her experience with scale not showing any progress, but eventualy numbers started dropping again. Check out her story, maybe it helps you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1upDIzGrphw
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting but here's my quick stats (my phone is dying)

5'1 sedentary to light active?
    (On my feet from 9-3 but only about 2500 steps)
    Highest Weight: 155 maintained for 3 years after birth of 2nd
    Start Weight: 140
    Current Weight: 134.4
    Goal is 5# loss per month
    UGW: 105

Seriously I was 155 the day before giving birth and didn't even loose 6 pounds when I had her which is what she weighed 0.o
  • makeupbypam
    makeupbypam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I'm 5ft 1" and weigh about 142. I would like to weigh 115. I've overhauled my diet and starting to lose. I'm 51 yrs old so I need to exercise to keep my metabolism going.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    5ufi1irl7tjp.jpg
    Incredible!
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SW 280
    CW 180
    GW 140

i dont have any full length pics cause ... im always the one taking the pics LOL everyones weight and frame and muscle build works for them differently. at 180, i look like i weigh 140ish- which is a good actual weight for me and im super happy with. getting less than that makes me look too thin and emaciated. im in no rush to get to 140. when it happens it happens. i lost the first hundred pounds in a year and a half.

dn0ei5tt5bj3.jpg

you look like a completely different person. Amazing in both pics, well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!