Moms with Lower belly pooch?

Options
I've had 5 kiddos. Ages 8,5,4 and twins 14 months. My profile pic is recent. I'm down to normal weight 125, I'm 5'6. But I can't seem to get rid of this pooch and maybe I can't.... any advice?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This can be a postural issue. I'm looking at your avi and not really seeing what I'd call a pooch.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    This can be a postural issue. I'm looking at your avi and not really seeing what I'd call a pooch.

That could be...

• Famof72015
    Options
    I guess I have always felt awkward standing up straight.... I feel like it's a cocky look. I don't slouch all the way over I guess I just don't Stand straight it feels like I'm sticking my chest out but I guess that's what standing straight is
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Haha great point!!!
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look great! As jemhh stated, I think its a posture issue - that was my first reaction! Stand tall! Stand proud momma!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    At some point, adding muscle might help eliminate that.
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Famof72015
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I'm trying. Any an exercises you recommend? I've been doing a little bit of everything, specifically planking (4 min) cable crunch, then I do captains chair leg raises, bicycle crunches... but any particular ones?

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

I'm trying. Any an exercises you recommend? I've been doing a little bit of everything, specifically planking (4 min) cable crunch, then I do captains chair leg raises, bicycle crunches... but any particular ones?

A progressive lifting program.

Here is a good thread to read:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you
  • VickyObe
    VickyObe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm trying get to figure out how to lose mine as well. I'm not as tiny as you though. I'm at 129 lbs and 5'5 and 31 years old. I just started insanity almost 3 weeks ago. I don't think it's changed my appearance much yet but I'm hoping by the end of the 9 week challenge it's noticeable. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have my diary open to friends only. I'm mom of 3. Kids ages 7, 5, and 3.
  • Famof72015
    Options
    That's great!!!!! 129 for your frame is excellent! Keep up the great work!!! Good job mom!
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If the skin is stretched you may not be able to tighten it all the way back up. However i agree with everyone else that your pic looks great and posture is very important. Also goodness you people have a lot of kids!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I've never been close to what you look like before or after kids! :smile: That said, is normal to have some loose skin, I imagine more so after twins. Either way, you look great!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I found that Pilates helped with mine - it engages and helps to build the deep abdominal muscles, which is good for posture and protecting the spine and just making that whole belly area look flatter and firmer...but honestly, you are littler than me already, so what the hell would I know...
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I guess I have always felt awkward standing up straight.... I feel like it's a cocky look. I don't slouch all the way over I guess I just don't Stand straight it feels like I'm sticking my chest out but I guess that's what standing straight is

Me too. Working on it.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

It's not cocky, but definitely projects confidence.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow! I think you look great!! I don't see much of a pooch, either, but agree that posture might help. Rock being cocky! You've earned it!!!

Other than that...reverse crunches?
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Wow I sure didn't post that for compliments so THANK YOU everyone!!!! I'll definitely work on my posture! What a great support you all are! Keep up the fantastic work yourselves!! Make it a great Friday!