Music: What gets you pumped?

Options
I have been trying my best to exercise every morning before work- but I'm noticing a lot of repeat on my iPod playlist.

So my question for you-
What do you listen to when you get your sweat on? Is there a song, artist, or album that just energizes you?

For example- I could be loafing on the couch and hear the song 'Timber- Pitbull ft. Kesha' and I would jump off the couch to dance around like a crazy person.

What music motivates you?

Replies

• pwatson63
    pwatson63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Usually a variety. Sometimes nature relaxation sound tracks, 80s playlists. For longer treadmill time I put on Kraftwerk Autobahn or Tubular Bells. If I want to push it hard on the Treadmill I turn up the volume and put on Sisters of Mercy.
  • joegibbs2112
    joegibbs2112 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Talent like this inspires me to work harder! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I go through phases. Currently it is:

Feel Invincible by Skillet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

Ooh, I do like Skillet. I may have to tap into that for my playlist
  • Domomallow
    Options
    Is there something else you guys do when you work out?
    Do you read? Watch TV? Work in silence?
  • Domomallow
    Options
    Talent like this inspires me to work harder! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFJXgBMlZM

It's very pretty, but I don't think I could exercise to it. ;)
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I like anything with a decent "beat" to it. My playlist includes anything and everything from Michael Jackson (from "Bad" and "Thriller") to Def Leppard to Adele. Throw in a bit of Bon Jovi and Enrique (long play "Hero") and I'm happy. I also find myself walking and cycling to the beat . . .sad but true :).

NB: Keeping time to "Hero" is challenging as it's quite fast. I used to listen to it when walking my daughter to college (as I occasionally needed a bit of time out from her constant chatter - it drove her crazy as I ended up going much faster than she could. Then I was yelling at her to catch up which caused more grumbling. I've stopped listening to my ipod when out with the children now (although there are times when I could quite cheerfully put the earbuds in again!).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Domomallow wrote: »
    I go through phases. Currently it is:

Feel Invincible by Skillet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

Ooh, I do like Skillet. I may have to tap into that for my playlist

Get "Let The Sparks Fly " and "Move" as well!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Domomallow wrote: »
    Is there something else you guys do when you work out?
    Do you read? Watch TV? Work in silence?

I lift weights, so music only.
  • JullzGood
    JullzGood Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I just put the Pandora workout station on. Or the Pandora pop and hip hop workout station. They play really good songs that get me hyped. Timber came on about 2 days ago actually lol
  • Domomallow
    Options
    I like anything with a decent "beat" to it. My playlist includes anything and everything from Michael Jackson (from "Bad" and "Thriller") to Def Leppard to Adele. Throw in a bit of Bon Jovi and Enrique (long play "Hero") and I'm happy. I also find myself walking and cycling to the beat . . .sad but true :).

NB: Keeping time to "Hero" is challenging as it's quite fast. I used to listen to it when walking my daughter to college (as I occasionally needed a bit of time out from her constant chatter - it drove her crazy as I ended up going much faster than she could. Then I was yelling at her to catch up which caused more grumbling. I've stopped listening to my ipod when out with the children now (although there are times when I could quite cheerfully put the earbuds in again!).

Hahah! There are plenty of conversations I could have dubbed out with music and been much happier with. hahah!
    I love it!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I recently added the following tunes to my running playlist. Took 9 minutes off my race time through the regular neighborhood course. :)

Rage Against the Machine "Know your Enemy", Rolling Stones "Start Me Up", Red Hot Chili Peppers "Higher Ground", Beastie Boys "Sabotage", AC/AD "Back in Black", Imagine Dragons "Radioactive", Coldplay "Clocks", Daft Punk "One More Time", Lenny Kravitz "Are you going to go my way?", Black Keys "Gold on the ceiling", and Neon Trees "Everyone Talks"
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    When I'm lifting weights, I prefer hard rock (the harder the better!). For cardio, anything with a fast beat helps keep me moving.
  • Domomallow
    Options
    I recently added the following tunes to my running playlist. Took 9 minutes off my race time through the regular neighborhood course. :)

Rage Against the Machine "Know your Enemy", Rolling Stones "Start Me Up", Red Hot Chili Peppers "Higher Ground", Beastie Boys "Sabotage", AC/AD "Back in Black", Imagine Dragons "Radioactive", Coldplay "Clocks", Daft Punk "One More Time", Lenny Kravitz "Are you going to go my way?", Black Keys "Gold on the ceiling", and Neon Trees "Everyone Talks"

I am familiar and like all of those songs. Sounds like a good list.
  • MeghanCGD
    MeghanCGD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My playlist leans more to the electronic side but it works for me. I have been listening to Major Lazer, Skrillex and Diplo, and UKF Dubstep.
    I like to do handstands to Friends by Francis and the Lights and I know there's gonna be by Jaime xx.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    90's gangsta rap.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Any good Trance music-Tiesto, Markus Schulz, Paul Van Dyk etc.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Metal, straight edge, and hardcore
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Drum and bass
  • pooey718
    pooey718 Posts: 13 Member
    Options