Moms with Lower belly pooch?

Options
2»

Replies

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many older women getting hump-backed (and I even know a couple in their 30's and 40's). It makes me so sad for them. Pull those shoulders back and stand up straight and tall (and get your calcium!). There's nothing cocky about it. You're a beautiful, fit mama. Own it!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    If the skin is stretched you may not be able to tighten it all the way back up. However i agree with everyone else that your pic looks great and posture is very important. Also goodness you people have a lot of kids!

*shrug* Life happens.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    fat loss is all that can do it! I suffer with you :) but I started weight lifting and am losing it FINALLY! fat loss is all that can make it go away. all the crunches in the world wont help if you still have a layer of fat on your tummy.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yes just started lifting about a month ago. So hopefully by summer what isn't extra skin will look better. Thanks!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I've seen so many older women getting hump-backed (and I even know a couple in their 30's and 40's). It makes me so sad for them. Pull those shoulders back and stand up straight and tall (and get your calcium!). There's nothing cocky about it. You're a beautiful, fit mama. Own it!

A "humpback" isn't necessarily a product of poor posture, though. It can be a product of disc degeneration, and yes, this can strike people in their 30's and 40's.

Having good core muscles helps to keep posture looking as good as it can even with the condition.
  • crabtasticshrimp
    crabtasticshrimp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation, but only 3 children! Trying to lose weight and tone up the mum tum. I don't think the loose skin can ever go though can it? I have no feeling in my loose stomach skin at all now
  • Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on mine
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am a proud mom of four. I can relate to having a pooch. It happens. I do a lot of core work which really helps. It takes time and commitment.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Standing up straight never struck me as looking cocky--for me, it was a byproduct of dance classes for my entire life. Ballet = excellent posture. So maybe think of it making you look like a dancer instead of cocky :wink:
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Standing up straight never struck me as looking cocky--for me, it was a byproduct of dance classes for my entire life. Ballet = excellent posture. So maybe think of it making you look like a dancer instead of cocky :wink:

I should. I took dance for 15 years

• Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do you all think there is any difference in the size of your pooch and having a c section vs normal birth? I've had 2 c sections and I'm quite happy with my body, arms legs back reasonably toned but tummy still no good il have to do more weights but I wondered after a c Section it might never go back to normal? Ie flat toned ????

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    As a dancer u should know how to suck in your belly inside toward your back, try many times and then keep it that way for as long as u can control it.
  • Famof72015
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    As a dancer u should know how to suck in your belly inside toward your back, try many times and then keep it that way for as long as u can control it.

Yes I'll try it and keep doing it! My mom always had me walk with a book in my head so I need to remember that.