Super Bowl Foods?

Options
kaylahardison
kaylahardison Posts: 141 Member
What are some good healthy Superbowl foods for tonight?

Replies

• mjgabbai
    mjgabbai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks and water! Lol jk! Anything in moderation works... I'm making lettuce wraps!
  • kaylahardison
    kaylahardison Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    mjgabbai wrote: »
    Celery sticks and water! Lol jk! Anything in moderation works... I'm making lettuce wraps!

I love lettuce wraps! That's a great idea! I like celery too, but I have a feeling my husband (who doesn't care what he eats and is in great shape) will want more than that. Ha-ha!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken wings...I bake them instead of frying and I use Frank's Redhot wing sauce which doesn't have much more than vinegar and cayenne. I will also be making some Buffalo Chicken Tenders for those who don't like bone in wings (the weirdos) and I just toss those with some flour and give them a little egg bath and dredge in Panko and bake.

I will also have a veggie tray out as well as chips and salsa and a platter of Italian meats and cheeses.

I have a variety of beers on hand, including some light beer, wine, bourbon, and rum and a few different mixers.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm making chicken wings...I bake them instead of frying and I use Frank's Redhot wing sauce which doesn't have much more than vinegar and cayenne. I will also be making some Buffalo Chicken Tenders for those who don't like bone in wings (the weirdos) and I just toss those with some flour and give them a little egg bath and dredge in Panko and bake.

I will also have a veggie tray out as well as chips and salsa and a platter of Italian meats and cheeses.

I have a variety of beers on hand, including some light beer, wine, bourbon, and rum and a few different mixers.

I'm coming to your house for Super Bowl!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Someone posted some great looking artichoke and brie bites in this thread. I think that is what I will make. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10511247/the-big-game-food-ideas#latest
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    abbezen wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I'm coming to your house for Super Bowl!

You're a little late seeing as how this was last year's SB post. :laugh:
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I read the OP like February 7th? Time travel is real!!!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    tahxirez wrote: »
    I read the OP like February 7th? Time travel is real!!!!

February 7th 2016....you're just late to the conversation...LOL @tahxirez
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We're making a couple different flavors of smoked chicken wings, a Greek 7 layer dip (Hummus, greek yogurt, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta) with pita chips and veggies and some cold shrimp with cocktail sauce.
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Trail Bologna and Baby Swiss- I live in OHIO!!
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    rinigirl76 wrote: »
    Trail Bologna and Baby Swiss- I live in OHIO!!

Wow this takes me back. LOL (Lived in Ohio about 10 years ago)
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am making these:

skinny mozzarella sticks http://deliciouslyyum.com/skinny-mozzarella-sticks/
    baked buffalo cauliflower bites http://gimmedelicious.com/2016/01/31/baked-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/
    and sweet potato curly fries with my spiralizer. I sprinkle with olive oil and paprika and will probably make a sriracha aioli sauce to dip them in.

I've never made these recipes so cant state they are any good - but they look great and low calories and I'm super excited to try them! I'm definitely going to make my husband some regular baked buffalo wings as well with real chicken - he wont want my cauliflower version!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I saw these burger bites pop up on skinnytaste.com today:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/burger-bites/

I thought it was a good idea. I would make some siracha mayo to dip them or just ketchup and mustard.

I was planning on making something like these taquitos, but with shredded chicken breast done with salsa in the crockpot then mixed with a little cream cheese:

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2017/01/creamy-black-bean-taquitos/
  • lbigelow1
    lbigelow1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh boy I'm making these
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My husband is boiling crawfish
  • BfromdaVille
    BfromdaVille Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    We are making roasted cauliflower, broccoli and Brussel sprouts and tossing with the sauce normally used for chicken wings. (In our case, a red Thai curry, but Buffalo sauce works just as well).