Morningstar Farms Products

Options
Just curious if anyone here has any feedback on the Morningstar Farm products. I am a vegetarian and I am having a hard time meeting my protein and getting enough to eat at dinner. I am so picky so its hard for me to find things I like. I have tried several other options for getting my protein and I just haven't found anything. I already drink 2 protein shakes a day. Thanks a bunch for any feedback!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian but I really like them. The chipotle black bean burgers are my favorite. They're the only brand of these type of products that I actually like and purchase.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yep. Love the spicy black bean burgers. And my kids prefer the Chik'N Nuggets and Chik'N patties over real chicken.
  • newwed412
    newwed412 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks y'all!
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    We are not vegetarian but love their products, especially the breakfast sausage patties and Buffalo wings. The Buffalo wings are great in salads.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    +1 for Beyond Meat. Really tasty stuff.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Personally, I prefer Gardein over Morningstar, but it is pricier and may be harder to find depending on where you live. If you live in an area that has a good grocery selection, though, try Field Roast, Lightlife, Sweet Earth vegetarian products, Upton's or Westsoy seitan...lots of great options.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Kind of highly processed and they contain GMO ingredients, but I guess you have to pick your battles...
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I like the Gardin products better as well. Also if you are doing dairy - Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, are good sources of protein.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian but I really like them. The chipotle black bean burgers are my favorite. They're the only brand of these type of products that I actually like and purchase.
    hapa11 wrote: »
    We are not vegetarian but love their products, especially the breakfast sausage patties and Buffalo wings. The Buffalo wings are great in salads.

I'm not being snarky, just genuinely curious...if you are not vegetarian, why do you choose to eat these products instead of meat?
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Morning Star Farms links and corndogs the most, but not as much since they sold out years ago. I REALLY enjoy LightLife "Gimme Lean" it has a high protein to calorie ratio and it tasty.

(@suzysunshine99, also not a vegetarian, but I enjoy meat alternatives a lot. Less mess, easy storage, generally less fat and variety is the spice of life. I have serious doubts about the sustainability of US beef farming and try to avoid eating beef as much as possible).
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options

I'm not being snarky, just genuinely curious...if you are not vegetarian, why do you choose to eat these products instead of meat?

I feel like black beans are a food everyone could potentially enjoy. They're not just for vegetarians. Even before I was vegan, I really enjoyed black bean burgers.

I understand the black bean burgers...they taste very different from hamburgers, so I get why someone would enjoy both. I guess I was more asking about the substitute chicken wings/sausage patties/ground beef. These seem to more want to mimic actual meat. I was just wondering if there was another benefit that made meat eaters prefer these products.
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    I enjoy Morning Star Farms links and corndogs the most, but not as much since they sold out years ago. I REALLY enjoy LightLife "Gimme Lean" it has a high protein to calorie ratio and it tasty.

(@suzysunshine99, also not a vegetarian, but I enjoy meat alternatives a lot. Less mess, easy storage, generally less fat and variety is the spice of life. I have serious doubts about the sustainability of US beef farming and try to avoid eating beef as much as possible).

Gotcha, that makes sense.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I feel like black beans are a food everyone could potentially enjoy. They're not just for vegetarians. Even before I was vegan, I really enjoyed black bean burgers.

I understand the black bean burgers...they taste very different from hamburgers, so I get why someone would enjoy both. I guess I was more asking about the substitute chicken wings/sausage patties/ground beef. These seem to more want to mimic actual meat. I was just wondering if there was another benefit that made meat eaters prefer these products.

Fiber...for me anyway.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am also not vegetarian, but I do meatless days sometimes. I'm a fan if the spicy black bean burgers and the spicy chick'n patties. Also really like Boca burgers because of the flame broiled flavor.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

I eat the veggie burgers sometimes and am not a vegetarian. I like the way they taste. Things don't have to be meat to taste good.

I prefer homemade veggie burgers but do like the Morningstar Farms and Boca products I have tried. I have not tried the other brands mentioned in this thread.
  • sp1219
    sp1219 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What whole foods with protein do you like? Beans, nuts, quinoa all have protein, as do eggs & dairy (if you're not vegan). These items can be cooked in so many different flavorful ways. Morningstar products are loaded with sodium and scary-looking ingredients.