What Protein Shake Powder do you Recomend?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can beat Myprotein for quality, huge selection, taste and price.

Is that what you use @Christine_72 ?

Yes, except i have to sub with other protein powders when I'm waiting for my package to arrive. I live in Australia and my last order took nearly 3 weeks to get to me. This time i ordered an 11lb bag, so should last a few months. I use whey impact Isolate in choc/peanut butter flavour, and it tastes delicious which is very important to me.
    @Christine_72
    Good to know... yes the taste of it is important :laugh: What do you mix yours with, water?

Well if I end up ordering from them I'll contact you first and get your referral link. :smiley:
    Thanks!

Ok no worries, happy to refer :smile:

I mix mine in milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, smoothies, ice cream and i make a yummy dessert called Protein sludge. I've never actually had protein powder mixed with just water, i always make a meal out of it.

Just now saw your response...
    @Christine_72 :laugh: with a quick glance I thought you said "I mix it in wine" Not sure how I misread that looking at it now... I just knew I'd never heard that one shared before

You got some great ideas to mix it in, minus the wine that is! Thanks for the share :wink:
  • sijaeabc
    sijaeabc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I added in a protein supplement too because I was having a hard time getting in enough protein for my deficit/exercise/strength training and I am trying to combat muscle loss while I lose. I tried a bunch of single-use packs from the store in a variety of liquids. My favorite combination, one that I drink every morning, is the Garden of Life raw organic protein powder, unflavored, and I mix it with freshly juiced green juice (a mix of vegetables and fruits).

Everyone seems to have different tastes though, so my recommendation is to go to a store that carries that kind of thing and invest in the single serving packets till you find something you like. Then go online and find the cheapest source.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Either Plant Fusion or Vega Protein and Greens. Both have the biggest plant protein numbers at the lowest calories and either can be used as a meal replacement. Especially made for easy digestion, covering all BCAAs and totally delicious.
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    PB&Me Sugar Free Powdered Peanut Butter, Two TBS = 6 grams protein, 1.5 g fat, 4 g Carbs. One ingredient. no chemical crap.
    nfv0qcdkphfv.jpg
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can beat Myprotein for quality, huge selection, taste and price.

Is that what you use @Christine_72 ?

Yes, except i have to sub with other protein powders when I'm waiting for my package to arrive. I live in Australia and my last order took nearly 3 weeks to get to me. This time i ordered an 11lb bag, so should last a few months. I use whey impact Isolate in choc/peanut butter flavour, and it tastes delicious which is very important to me.
    @Christine_72
    Good to know... yes the taste of it is important :laugh: What do you mix yours with, water?

Well if I end up ordering from them I'll contact you first and get your referral link. :smiley:
    Thanks!

Ok no worries, happy to refer :smile:

I mix mine in milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, smoothies, ice cream and i make a yummy dessert called Protein sludge. I've never actually had protein powder mixed with just water, i always make a meal out of it.

Just now saw your response...
    @Christine_72 :laugh: with a quick glance I thought you said "I mix it in wine" Not sure how I misread that looking at it now... I just knew I'd never heard that one shared before

You got some great ideas to mix it in, minus the wine that is! Thanks for the share :wink:

I'm sure it would taste awful...but I wonder if I could mix mine in....
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use evlution stacked whey protein. It's affodable and the flavours are DELISH!
  • JullzGood
    JullzGood Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love isopure zero carb. Makes it pretty easy to hit my macros perfectly and taste great. They have a whole bunch of different flavors, but I get vanilla
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One to not try- Sunwarrior Vanilla. It tastes like what I imagine raw pancake batter tastes like...
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I second BSN Syntha-6, I love all the chocolate flavors. It's higher carb than most powders (if you're currently using a meal replacement shake you're probably used to having some carbs anyway) but well worth it for the flavor.
    My other favorite is MTS Nutrition Machine Whey, again a little higher carb (not as high as the BSN though) but well worth it for the taste. Just ordered another 5 lbs of cookies and cream.
    I can't drink Quest because of the texture. I dislike Optimum Nutrition because it has a watery taste no matter how you mix it.
  • mikeisgod83
    mikeisgod83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're going to get so many answers to this question haha. As mentioned above the Cytosport Muscle Milk for me was reallllllllly good. My go-to now however is Combat Powder by MusclePharm in Chocolate Milk or Cookies and Cream Flavor. My sister used to work at Bodybuilding.com so I used to get a lot of free powders back in the day and tried a lot. I love these two though. I went to amazon.com and read reviews on a ton of them, and that's what really pointed me to these two. Good luck!! :)
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chandra126 wrote: »
    I like Vega One, kinda a nutritional supplement too...50 % daily required vitamins and minerals, Omega3, pre and probiotics, fiber, greens, antioxidants etc.

Same here. Whey protein makes my tummy feel AWFUL so I use the Vega One powders. Chocolate powder with almond milk and a banana blended in is delicious :)
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    IMO the best quality isolate vs cost per serving vs protein per serving you can get.....and great flavours to boot. I also use The Protein Works custom builder to create a custom Casien. These are my two go to protein shakes.

• domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Titan chocolate peanut butter! It tastes so good and has 26g of protein per serve. Yum!